Best Way To Go

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Way To Go

I am trying to convert a DVD or a Movie into a few different formats. I was looking into all different programs and Divx etc and then I decided to really check out what I was already using...Fab. After reading and looking around and the other parts of the program I really think that Fab will do everything I need. I've always used it to make backup copies of my Movie Collection. Now I am on to a new project. I would like to take a movie and convert it to a few different types, preferably in one batch process.

I would like to take a DVD and Rip it (or backup) and also convert to Divx format and a Format that will work with my Motorola DroidX.

When I tried putting a DVD in and loading the Video Converter I got an error: Failed to open p:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.VOB. The file is unsupported. I am using Version 8.0.2.2.

I know there are many tutorials and instructions but I am just getting really lost with this process. I thought I did see a way to batch many different conversions into one process but I am just not sure I am doing things the right way.

Also by running these conversions am I going to lose video quality or can I actually improve it? And can I get a true HD? Also will I be able to actually get a divx file or a file compatible with a Divx Player?

I know everyone kind of has there own way that works for them...I am hoping to get a few ideas so I have different points of view to work with. Thanks so much for any help!

Bob Snow

I think you are using the wrong module, you need DVD Ripper to make a DivX from a DVD. Video converter is for converting one mobile format to another = DivX to mp4.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
    X