X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio out of sync gradualy

Hi!
    First, i'm sorry for my bad English, I'm french.

I have a big problem and I need help!
    In VIDEO CONVERTER to AVI, the video and the audio, at the beginning of the movies I convert is ok... but the more I go near the end, the more the audio is
    out of sync! (audio late over 5 sec )

Profile: generic. avi. divx. mp3
    Got same when converting to WMV.
    Got same when converting with XVID, DIVX, 1 or 2 pass,

Thanks for the help... I need it!
    Serenna.

P:S. version of my dvdfab is 8.0.2.2

Go to Common settings of DVDFab and then change the A/V codec to software. not sure what video card you use but if it ati this might help changing to software

Comment

The videocard is a ATI Radeon X1250

All the settings are at SOFTWARE... all the others are NOT supported by my videocard

I uninstalled the k-lite codec to put all the new one... NOTHING
      plz, find something ?

Serrena.

Comment

Have you checked that the source FPS is the same as the converted FPS - you can use something like Gspot to do this (or load it back into FAB?) - if the audio moves gradually out of sync this can be the case - it happens when I Rip Blu ray to MP4 because FAB does not produce an MP4 output other than 23.976 FPS even though the option is same as source. As a result my 25 fps source is turned into a 23.976 output with major av sync problems.

Comment

Common Settings

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Go to Common settings of DVDFab and then change the A/V codec to software. not sure what video card you use but if it ati this might help changing to software
          I'm new to DVDFab.
          Where do I find "Common settings"

Comment

Try the little green tick mark at the top right of the Fab pane.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by Ratvandal View Post
              Have you checked that the source FPS is the same as the converted FPS - you can use something like Gspot to do this (or load it back into FAB?) - if the audio moves gradually out of sync this can be the case - it happens when I Rip Blu ray to MP4 because FAB does not produce an MP4 output other than 23.976 FPS even though the option is same as source. As a result my 25 fps source is turned into a 23.976 output with major av sync problems.

ok, I've check with YAAI, and there it is :
              ORIGINAL IS : framerate 23.9751 fps
              microsecond per frame 41710 ms
              frames 129572

and the copy is :

framerate 23.9760 fps
              microsecond per frame 41708 ms
              frames 129316

Serenna.

Comment

This would seem to be the cause or your problem but the source FPS seems a bit puzzling. Are you using the 'same as source' FPS option on the converter (and what is your source - ripped DVD, Blu-ray?) (I dont use the converter myself just the Blu ray Ripper). What bit rate options do you use on the converter?

Comment

I did try the ''same as source'' , here it is :

original: copie:

running time : 5404.45s running time 5392.08
                  framerate 23.9751 fps framerate 23.9750
                  microseconds per frame 41710ms microseconds per frame 41710
                  frames 129572 frames 129275
                  sample rate 44100Hz sample rate 48000Hz
                  bit depth 16 bits bit depth o bits ( ??? )
                  color depth 24 bits color depth 8 bits

it's an AVI file that I wish to crop, but got that problem with ALL files now!

Serenna.

Comment

missing second part...

the copie is :

copie:

running time 5392.08
                    framerate 23.9750
                    microseconds per frame 41710
                    frames 129275
                    sample rate 48000Hz
                    bit depth o bits ( ??? )
                    color depth 8 bits

Comment

You English is better than my French but I'm a little confused - in the second example you give, the 12 second difference in running time cannot be explained by the .0001 FPS difference. Do you still get the gradual shift in AV sync with this or is there a sudden switch of sync?
                      Also is your source a ripped DVD?
                      Do you get the sync problem with all sources?
                      Does the coverter allow you to specify a fixed or variable bit rate?

Ratvandal

Comment

Thanks for the English part!

Yes I still got the sync problem
                        Is it sudden ? gosh, I did not think about that! I will look at it tonight!
                        the source, it's downloaded movies and yes, it's with all sources now.
                        the converter allow me to specify a fixed or variable bit rate,
                        but it did not help.

p:s. on my old cpu, I did not have those problem ( single core )
                        But with this cpu ( e1203a dual core ) with win xp 32 bit, I did got the sync problems, so I remove DVDFAB and installed it again, still out of sync.
                        After I did a clean install of WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 bit ( the real one ) and same thing. I reinstalled the codecs (k-lite) and same shit!

I need help, BAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergula View Post
                          Are these downloaded Torrent movies???
                          If so please read this http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=122
                          CBR929
                          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Sergula View Post
                            Thanks for the English part!

Yes I still got the sync problem
                            Is it sudden ? gosh, I did not think about that! I will look at it tonight!
                            the converter allow me to specify a fixed or variable bit rate,
                            but it did not help.

p:s. on my old cpu, I did not have those problem ( single core )
                            But with this cpu ( e1203a dual core ) with win xp 32 bit, I did got the sync problems, so I remove DVDFAB and installed it again, still out of sync.
                            After I did a clean install of WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64 bit ( the real one ) and same thing. I reinstalled the codecs (k-lite) and same shit!

I need help, BAD.
                            We do not discuss the copying of downloaded movie on this forum.

As stated by the administer any thread mentioning downloaded movies will be closed . No exception.

Comment

Working...
                            X