Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Converting .m2ts files

Hello All,

I am new to this and have a question about the video converter. I have .m2ts files on my computer that are from my DVR and I want to convert them so that I can put them on a blu-ray.

My question is when I use the converter I am converting the .m2ts files to AVI and it will work but it says it will take 4-8 hours depending on how I am using the computer. But I have tried 2 times so far and it has crashed both times about a quarter of the way through. These files are really big about 8 to 11 GBs.

I am wondering if I am doing anything wrong or if there is any setting changes I need to make? The error I am getting is the program has closed unexpectedly.

Check in common settings A/V Codec to see if all are set to software. If they not change it and try again

Comment

Ok I will try looking into that. Should it take that long for a 11GB file?

Comment

yes depending on the computer it can be a shorter time or longer time

Comment

I have another question what is the difference when choosing the Fixed Bitrate? Will higher or lower make a difference I am not sure what it does.

Also with the Frame rate whats better with Higher or lower settings?

Thank you again.

Comment

Working...
          X