Convert MKV with muxed subtitle to AVI with hardcoded subtitle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convert MKV with muxed subtitle to AVI with hardcoded subtitle

First, is there a way to convert MKV files that contain a few subtitles to an AVI such that one of the subtitles is hardcoded? When I import such an MKV (with muxed subtitles), the subtitle box is completely greyed out.

Two additional problems - DVDfab tends to hang at 99.8% - 100% and not completing; and encoded avi files couldn't be played (the video file will only play audio without the images).

Using the latest version on Win7 64bit and with K-Lite installed.

Hi strawfish,

Please open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder and video encoder as software, then convert again. Please capture the screenshot when the mkv files are loaded, we can check the mixed subtitle visually. Thanks. You also can install MediaInfo tool http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en check the subtitle/text stream in your source mkv file.
    ________
    HEARING DISORDERS FORUMS
    Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I've tried a variety of mkv with subtitles (the subtitle is not a separate file, but muxed inside the mkv file). The subtitle is simply not displayed in the 'subpicture' box. The program doesn't seem to recognise the subtitle contained in the mkv.

Also, setting the codec to software didn't seem to help at all. The program will still stall at around 100% during conversion and will not complete. The xvid output still doesn't show any images. Only sound is heard.

I don't have these problems with other video converters.

Comment

Hi strawfish,

We really need your help, please send us the source mkv file for our devs' further test, contact me at sunny@dvdfab.com. Thanks.
        ________
        Wholesale Vaporizer
        Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

These MKVs with muxed subtitle streams can be found all over the internet. You don't need my MKV.

What's more bothersome with this program is that the conversion just go on and on and will not stop (for all kinds of source videos, including AVIs and MKVs), even when it reaches 100%.

Also as I mentioned previously, the AVIs (using xvid and mp3 profile) converted with dvdfab (yeah, occasionally, the conversion did complete) do not have images, just audio, when I play them with media player classic.

I also use xxxx, and xxxxxxxxxxx without any issues at all. xxxxx handles MKV with multiple audios and multiple subtitles extremely well.
          Last edited by AGJ; 11-06-2010, 05:32 AM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

Software Doesn't Support this ! Why not ??

I am having the same problem. I will post a new thread because this one is old.
            This software apparently doesn't support muxed subtitles in MKV files. I noticed there was no response to your last post.

Why can't someone admit that and fix it ?

Comment

Working...
            X