DVDFab 8: Compatibility issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 8: Compatibility issues?

DVDFab 7 seems to have no issues with converting video to xvid/Divx format, but ever since I installed the latest Divx Plus, it seems DVDFab 8 won't convert to Divx or xvid. All I get is the audio.

Update: This seems to only affect the Video Converter. The DVD Ripper function is unaffected, with the same settings. This is after I uninstalled and re-installed DVDFab 8

Comment

Hi shilar,

Please uninstall the Divx Plus firstly, then install DVDFab 8.0.4.8 Beta at

to see if Video Converter can convert to divx or xvid file correctly or not. Then reinstall your Divx Plus to check again. This will conclude whether there is Compatibility issues between DVDFab and Divx Plus. Thanks so much for your patience.

Sincerely,
      Sunny
      ________
      Mary jane
      Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Has this been investigated further?

I am seeing the same type of issue and have verified it on 2 different machines.

Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)
        Core 2 Duo 2.8ghz
        4gb RAM

For quite a time I was using DVDFab 7.0.6.7 with no problems whatsoever.
        I have been using the VideoConverter feature to convert 720p and 1080i mpg files generated from a TIVO. I setup a batch conversion by creating a profile that is included below:

--------------Profile I use to convert mpg (~5gb) to avi (~1gb)------------

<profile name="TivoHD.avi.h264.mp3" description="The profile is used to create avi(xvid + mp3) file, which can be played on PC or supported device." version="200" device="generic" tag="" type="0">
        <common>
        <file format="avi" onefile_size_mb="700" number="1" split_by_chapter="0">
        <source>
        </source>
        </file>
        <audio copy="0" codec="mp3" channel="2" bitdepth="16">
        <freq value="48000" list="32000,44100,48000"/>
        <bitrate value="64000" list="64000,96000,128000,192000,256000,320000"/>
        <volume percent="100"/>
        </audio>
        <video>
        <size list="1440x802" out_size="1440x802"/>
        <subtitle>
        <source force="0"/>
        </subtitle>
        <encode codec="h264" fourcc="H264" bitrate_kbps="2000" maxbitrate_kbps="2000">
        <mode value="real_time" list="real_time, high_quality" method="1"/>
        <thread set="1" value="1"/>
        </encode>
        </video>
        </common>
        <acodec name="lame">
        <common ver="0" layer="2"/>
        </acodec>
        <vcodec name="h264">
        </vcodec>
        </profile>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This really worked well...

Recently I installed DVDFab 8.0.5.5 and converted one of my original 5gb mpg files. It completes in about the same amount of time as v7 but creates an avi file with Video I cannot decode. (But can be seen in DVD Fab viewer) The audio is fine.

Since this original test I have tried quite a few things:

1. Ran from the GUI not from batch mode --> Same problem
        2. Tried other profiles included in DVDDab 8.0.5.5. I eventually got one to work but the audio was about 1/2 sec off from the video. I don't recall the profile that created this, but to this point I have not found a profile that works perfectly in v8.
        3. Installed Divx as a substitute for MediaPlayer --> Same Problem
        4. Uninstalled 8.0.5.5 and reinstalled 7.0.6.7

and now I am back up and running perfectly. Overall this is a fantastic piece of software - well worth the money. But at some point I need to move to v8 for the new features.

Is anyone else seeing compatibility issues with 8.0.5.5 (I have actually tried other minor versions (8.0.*) ) I am wondering if this is a Win 7 x64 issue?

Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

I have also found that DVDfab 8 is no good for converting to .avi..(8.0.5.6)
          The files may or may not work in MPC and will definitely not work in WMP or stand alone players !
          DVDfab 7 was ok so something must have got changed for the worse..
          Using Win 7 32bit.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
            Hi shilar,

Please uninstall the Divx Plus firstly, then install DVDFab 8.0.4.8 Beta at

to see if Video Converter can convert to divx or xvid file correctly or not. Then reinstall your Divx Plus to check again. This will conclude whether there is Compatibility issues between DVDFab and Divx Plus. Thanks so much for your patience.

Sincerely,
            Sunny
            Did such. No such luck. Besides, I'm using Xvid. Also uninstalled, no luck.

Comment

I have given up on 8.x and gone back to 7.x that converted by HD MPEG2 files perfectly. I don't have any Xvid or DIVX software installed on my machine I am testing. I am sure there are some great features in 8.x I will be missing but I cannot afford to lose my ability to convert the HD MPEG2 files I get from my Tivo Series 3.

Comment

Working...
              X