Cannot convert to any file??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot convert to any file??

I was able to extract my movie (only movie option) save it to my desktop and sucessfully play it, kudos, now the problem is I have a wd live plus media extender and a ps3 so I wanted a more useable file format. I tried to convert my desktop rip to .mkv (seems the best choice) then I also tried MP4. The .mkv hung up at .22% after a hour I tried to do a mp4 let it run all night, again hung up a .22% any ideas. I want to retain as much of the quality, both audio and video, and be a universal file format. 8.0.4.0
    Thanks in advance Rob

Hi robandcat,

Please upgrade to DVDFab 8.0.4.8 Beta at

to convert again and see the result.

Regards,

mona

Comment

Hi, robandcat,

Please open Common Settings->General->A/V Codec, set video decoder and video encoder as software, then convert again to see the result.

If this does not work, please upload your logs.

Default location of your logs is:

Win7--C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Vista--C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      XP--C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Sincerely Yours
      Malcolm Wang

Comment

Thanks guys your great, ill try and post tomorrow.

Comment

So I upgraded to the beta and the program still hangs up at .22%
          @ Malcom not sure where common settings are? Again I tried mkv and mp4.
          I ripped Pirates of the Caribbean, and Hancock with anydvd HD to my desk top. Then tried to convert that folder to a universal one, also when using .mkv I only have option for pro logic, not the 5.1.
          Thanks Rob

Comment

Here are the logs:
            Attached Files

Comment

robandcat
              You are trying to convert files ripped from Fab and convert them with the Video Converter option???
              If so you should be using the BluRay Ripper option.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

ok I used dvdfab to rip hancock directly to a mkv and worked fine for video but no sound.

Comment

Originally posted by robandcat View Post
                  ok I used dvdfab to rip hancock directly to a mkv and worked fine for video but no sound.
                  Did you use the file you have on your desktop or did you convert from the disc in your drive???Also what are your A/V Codec set to in Fab???

Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, set Video Decoder to Software and set Video Encoder to Software restart Fab and try again.

What video player that you were using to play the converted files???

May I suggest MPC http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/ or VLC

CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

CBR thankyou for your help, sorry to be acting like a noob, but not used to troubleshooting and giving all info up front. I just started using dvdfab a few days ago and am learning, the heads up on check mark helped a lot, looking at it , a/v was set to cuda, so ill try another pass at it, with new settings,
                    Again thanks to you and service team
                    Rob

Comment

CBR thankyou for your help, sorry to be acting like a noob, but not used to troubleshooting and giving all info up front. I just started using dvdfab a few days ago and am learning, the heads up on check mark helped a lot, looking at it , a/v was set to cuda, so ill try another pass at it, with new settings,
                      Again thanks to you and service team
                      Rob
                      Don't beat yourself up, we all started at the beginning, some just sooner than others, you' will get there
                      CBR929

Comment

under a/v codec it says core avc cannot be detected, Is this my problem? if so how do I know if my ps3 or wdlive have these codecs to play the file?

Comment

under a/v codec it says core avc cannot be detected, Is this my problem? if so how do I know if my ps3 or wdlive have these codecs to play the file?
                          No this is not the problem, I do not have core avc, but other users have it and I think it helps speed up the process of converting and encoding, you can find it here http://corecodec.com/products/coreavc, maybe someone else will chime in and give you a better explanation of the use of it.

I am thinking that you have a code issue, have you tried those players that I had suggested??
                          CBR929

Comment

I did try playing it with VLC and it started out rebuilding some cache but then success, it played with sound. Bottom line is that I need dvdfab to encode it so it plays on windows or divix etc. Im going to see if my ps3 and wd live plus box will decode it properly first, currently transfering movie to my server ughhh soooo slowww

Comment

Hi, robandcat,

The latest version of DVDFab8.0.5.0 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm is released.

You may give that a shot.

Sincerely yours
                              Malcolm Wang
                              Last edited by malcolm; 11-20-2010, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X