Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MKV to MP4: Wrong Audio Track

Hello

I try to convert an MKV file to MP4 (iPad profile).

First try gave me an Audio-Only MP4 file. I then changed the H.264 codec from "DXVA" to "Software". Now I get a file with Video; So far so good.

Unfortunately, I can't get DVDFab to select the desired Audio track, it always transcodes the first one.

It can clearly see both tracks:
    Audio #1
    ID : 2
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Codec ID : A_AC3
    Duration : 1h 41mn
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 448 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 324 MiB (4%)
    Title : AC3
    Language : German

Audio #2
    ID : 3
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Codec ID : A_AC3
    Duration : 1h 41mn
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 448 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 324 MiB (4%)
    Title : AC3
    Language : English

Both tracks are shown in the track selection part of the GUI. But regardless of which track I select ("German" or "English"), the resulting mp4 file always contains the German track. The little preview window also only plays back the German track.

How can I fix this?
    Also, why doesn't "DXVA" work when decoding the Video?

Thanks! Martin

Hi tinue,

Please try to use "Generic" option, choose "Profile" as "generic.mp4.h264.aac" to convert again and see the result.

Best regards,
    Anny
    DVDFab Support Team

Comment

Hello

I am having lots of troubles... The "generic" option runs at roughly 6fps conversion speed (vs. about 10 for the iPad profile), even when I choose the same resolution and bitrate.

Also, the result doesn't play back properly: Audio sounds fine, but also contains the wrong language track (i.e. the generic profile didn't help). Video is totally jerky on playback and rapidly lags behind audio.

Strangely enough, also the iPad profile now produces jerky, lagging video, while yesterday's result still play back fine (I try with windows media player and vlc).

What could have happened between yesterday and today?

Thanks, Martin
      Last edited by tinue; 11-22-2010, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Update: After a reboot, the iPad profile works again like yesterday (it converts at about 15-20fps, and the result is ok except for the audio track).
        The generic profile still produces video that lags behind the audio and plays back stuttery/jerky.

I have looked at both resulting MP4 files with MediaInfo: They look identically encoded (framerate, resolution etc. are all identical), and still one plays back ok and the other not.

I still have both files, if it helps I can upload them somewhere for you too analyze.

Regards, Martin
        Last edited by tinue; 11-22-2010, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X