Converting M2TS files with high bit rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting M2TS files with high bit rate

When I originally purchased "Blu-Ray Copy" I ripped dozens of my Blu-Rays to my hard drive. Wanting the best possible quality, I then isolated just the M2TS file that contained the main movie and copied it to my MediaPC.

After spending a couple of weeks ripping my Blu-Rays, I soon realized I was going to run out of space using the raw M2TS files. I decided to purchase Video Converter to convert the M2TS files to lower bit rate MKV files using the "generic.mkv.h264.audiocopy" profile.

I've run into some issues, however.

If I try to convert a file with a bit rate above 13K (1-pass), the process fails immediately with the following error:
    Error = 504.00 0 error: process exception, filter(type128:id12), info = 503.00 13

For 2-pass it fails at any bit rate above around 6K. However, instead of failing immediately, it lets me waste 30-45 minutes until it gets to 50%, where it stops and stays there indefinitely (I once let one go for over 10 hours).

I have tried software-only encoding/decoding, a mixture of software+CUDA, and even purchased CoreAVC to see if that would work. All combinations have the same result. I have also tried it on over 10 different movies with the same result.

It is almost like the Video Converter software has a limit on the bit rate that can be used. If that were the case, however, I would expect there to be something somewhere indicating such a limit.

For reference, I own lifetime versions of DVD Copy, Blu-Ray Copy, DVD Ripper and Video Converter.

PC specs:
    Intel Core i7 950 with 6GB DDR-3 memory
    Asus P6X58D motherboard
    MSI Cyclone 1GB GTX-460
    OCZ Vertex 256GB SSD
    WD 2TB HD

Thanks!

Instead of using Video Converter on those Blu-ray rips you should actually be using DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper for them. Give that a try to see if fix your problem

Comment

Hello... Thank you for the response. If I select Blu-Ray Ripper and drag the M2TS file into DVDFab, it switches to File Converter. Also, on the File Converter information ir page indicates it handles M2TS files, and does not list any bit rate limitations. If it cannot convert M2TS files, or has an unadvertised bit rate limit, I will be requesting a refund.
      Last edited by white94cobra; 11-23-2010, 05:29 AM.

Comment

The problem could be that all the files that was created when you originally saved to hard drive with DVDFab Blu-ray copy are not with the main movie m2ts file. If you posted the internal and process log files for the problem conversion that would help the developers when they check the forum

Comment

Thanks... I've watched all of the rips and they are definitely the main movie with the HD audio.

I'll see what I can do about getting the logs.

Thanks again.

Comment

Try Blu-Ray Ripper against the original BD discs and see if that works correctly.

Comment

My trial expired for the Blu-Ray Ripper. I tried it when it was first released and it frequently crashed. I saw that the Video Converter handled M2TS files, and since I have already used the Blu-Ray Copy program on all of my Blu-Rays and have the raw M2TS files, I went with that.

Ignore the attached error log. I installed v8.0.0.5 by mistake.

Thanks!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by white94cobra; 11-23-2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X