blu-ray video conversion to psp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blu-ray video conversion to psp

I just purchased dvdfab's video conversion software and after some difficulty, managed to register it yesterday (had to copy & paste, suggested email method didn't work). I tried and liked the trial version before purchasing, and had absolutely no issues using it.
    However, I'm not having any luck with the registered version! I've been trying to convert "Sorcerer's Apprentice" which has been ripped using xxxx.
    Here are the steps I've been taking:
    - choose the file from my hard drive (no problem, dvdfab recognizes it as an iso file)
    - set designation/output folder (no problem)
    - uncheck all extra files from selection menu (I only want main movie) until only the desired file is checked on the selection menu and is the only file left in the mobile task queue
    - using 'edit profile', I've tried leaving the profile as "psp.mpeg4" and I've tried using the "psp.h264.firmware3.30+" (I have version 6.31 on my psp); no results with either
    - I leave all other settings as they are
    - then I click on 'start'
    - I've run the program over night only to find after 11 hours:
    - the progress bar and time elapsed show no change from the initial 16 sec start up
    - my computer seems to hang on the task but no error messages
    - there is an output folder containing 196 kb only
    I don't know what else to try. I've tried re-registering the product and I've re-installed dvdfab8 but nothing is working. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by AGJ; 11-23-2010, 08:28 PM. Reason: General Policies

Check to make sure in A/V Codec settings located in Common settings is set to software only. Also if you using 2 Pass change to 1 pass. Internal and process logs would be helpful they located in document-dvdfab-log

Nothing different between the paid version or the trial version of DVDFab except for registration

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply AGJ! Your suggestion seems to be working. I'm trying it now and everything appears to be running smoothly. Let you know how the final file looks. BTW, do I need to switch the A/V codecs back to the default settings when I'm using my dvdfab blu-ray copy app?

Comment

Originally posted by livluvlife View Post
        BTW, do I need to switch the A/V codecs back to the default settings when I'm using my dvdfab blu-ray copy app?
        No, you can leave it the way that AGJ suggested unless you get a good Cuda supported NVidia video card to help with the encoding.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

OK, so after several hours and 2 attempts, I haven't been able to convert the file. Both times, after processing about 20% of the task, dvdfab stops working and shows the error message "dvdfab has stopped working".
          dvdfab_process.log
          This is the only log entry that I could attach, the other 2 are too large for this form.
          Does it seem right to take approx 8-9 hours to covert a 24gb file? I've used other trial versions of psp conversion software and they usually only took 2 hours max.
          I can't understand why it worked before and now that I've paid for and registered it, the program isn't functioning!
          Getting frustrated!

Comment

Well you still have DXVA GPU acceleration enabled. Go to common settings A/V Codec and change to software for all selections. Also 11:27:48: Task_1 failed! Error=102 is a read error means either bad disc or bad original rip files. Since you said these are files on your computer ripped and saved using a competitor program I would assume that might be the issue.

Try using the original Blu-ray and the Blu-ray ripper to convert to another mobile format. Then use Video Converter to convert that format to PSP format. I may have lifetime for the Video Converter but have never used it to know what it can and can not do. I do think a m2ts file needs to be one small file no bigger than about 5gb but then I not developer so not know for sure

Comment

I changed all the settings in A/V Codecs to 'software' after you first suggested it. If the log is showing you that I didn't, there must be something wrong.
              I was able to copy and burn the movie using blu-ray copy so I didn't think that the source file was an issue but I will try ripping and converting to a different format as you suggest.
              Either way, if that is what I need to do from now on, it is too much effort for such a simple task. This is already more trouble than I anticipated. I may have to request a refund.
              BTW, thanks CBR929 for your input.

Comment

Give the Blu-ray ripper a try and convert to M2TS as that give you one file then use Video converter on that on file. using multiple files to convert could be the problem but I not know as I still have to use Video converter to know if it work

Comment

I changed all the settings in A/V Codecs to 'software' after you first suggested it. If the log is showing you that I didn't, there must be something wrong.
                  I was able to copy and burn the movie using blu-ray copy so I didn't think that the source file was an issue but I will try ripping and converting to a different format as you suggest.
                  Either way, if that is what I need to do from now on, it is too much effort for such a simple task. This is already more trouble than I anticipated. I may have to request a refund.
                  BTW, thanks CBR929 for your input.
                  Did you restart the program? Because if you revert the a/v codecs to software you may not get the message to restart dvdfab.
                  Also do you really want to convert a bluray to psp?It will be like a tetris game, too blocky.Bluray rips are perfect for hd equipment. DVD rips from the other side is perfect for mobile devices and the proccess takes only 2 minutes.

Comment

Ok, so now I've ripped a blu-ray movie using dvdfab blu-ray ripper and created a m2ts file. Then I used video converter on that file to create a psp file. Still no luck!!
                    dvdfab still stops by itself after converting about 15% with the same message "dvdfab has encountered a problem and needs to shut down". Also, the "task time left" counter increases instead of decreases as time elapses.
                    Meanwhile, I've converted 2 movies to psp format using a competitor's program without any of this bs happening! Each of those conversions only took 1-2 hours and the results are great! I purchased dvdfab's video converter because I liked the trial version and now I'm stuck with a program that still doesn't work after 2 days and many hours of trying.
                    I think I should be corresponding with a moderator who actually uses and has experience with the video converter app!!
                    BTW, thank you LignGeorge for your input. I did restart the program (and even rebooted my computer) after I made the changes. I have to convert blu-rays because that's all I get these days. However, I've converted many and the results are excellent on my kids' psps, not at all like a tetris game but pretty much HD quality (at least to the naked eye).
                    Attached Files

Comment

I think I should be corresponding with a moderator who actually uses and has experience with the video converter app!!
                      Well a moderator job is to make sure members behave and follow forum rules but we as well try and help members who have problems. since you no longer want my help that fine I will not help you with any more issues you have with DVDFab as I volunteer my personal time to help and have better things to do.

Comment

Are you taking this personally AGJ? Doesn't what I suggest make sense?
                        Are you the only moderator on this forum? How else does these issues get resolved? I would think that dvdfab should try to fix the problem since they don't offer refunds!

Comment

I believe on a psp, a dvdrip looks at least the same or even better.(600mb file/480X272resolution)

Comment

Working...
                          X