X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.1.0.1 is out

Dear all,

DVDFab Virtual Drive is a virtual DVD/Blu-ray emulator. It emulates maximum 18 drives and works with DVD/Blu-ray images created by DVDFab and other programs.

For example, to play a Blu-ray backup on PC with PowerDVD 8 and above, you need use DVDFab to backup the Blu-ray to an ISO image file, and use DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount it, then PowerDVD will play it.

DVDFab Virtual Drive is freeware, no cost at all.

System Requirements
    * Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit) X86/X64/IA64
    * Pentium II 500 MHz, 256 MB of RAM

Download Link

What's New
    * Add "Forum" menu item
    * Some minor changes and improvements

For translators
    This version add ID109 in .lng language file, i already added all *.lng with:
    ID109=&Forum
    If that is suitable, then nothing need translate.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    resigned

Mr. X,

Success !!!

Works both form the task bar and from the right-click context menu .... EXCELLENT !! I used 4 ISO's for the test, it cycled through all 4, without issue.

FYI: One thing that did happen yesterday when I was updating drivers (video). One of my primary apps for editing video (PgcEdit) had a problem with the new driver, so I had to uninstall it. Somewhere while doing this with "Driver Genius Pro" I lost my DVD ROM/burner, Error 39:

So I opened regedit to fix this issue, what I notice was DVDFab was associated to one of the keys. Sorry didn't grab the info, I was so frustrated with my video driver issue/loss of DVD ROM/Driver Genius Pro !!

I just deleted the two filter keys, which did fix the DVD ROM problem. So, I'm not sure if that was related to vdrive not working previously. Or if it was Driver Genius Pro hoking everything up !!

Plus I had to manually install an earlier version of the video drive to get everything working again, ALL good now !!

DVDFab Virtual Drive (v1.1.0.1) works VERY WELL now !!!

谢谢,
    Last edited by AlienX69; 02-26-2010, 07:52 PM.
    AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Is it possible that the Virtual Drive operate in IDE mode instead of SCSI mode?.

Regards, Alkermes

Comment

@AlienX69
        good news!

>> FYI: One thing that did happen yesterday when I was updating drivers (video). One of my primary apps for editing video (PgcEdit) had a problem with the new driver, so I had to uninstall it. Somewhere while doing this with "Driver Genius Pro" I lost my DVD ROM/burner, Error 39:
        Maybe "Driver Genius Pro" only uninstall the device driver, but doesn't delete related cdrom LowerFilters record, which will caused cdrom disappear.

>> what I notice was DVDFab was associated to one of the keys.
        Maybe you have installed the xxxxx which add "dvdfab" record, DVDFab is full user-mode application, no filter driver at all.
        resigned

Comment

Originally posted by Alkermes View Post
          Is it possible that the Virtual Drive operate in IDE mode instead of SCSI mode?.

Regards, Alkermes
          no, sorry. .
          resigned

Comment

Mr. X,

Not sure .......

But all is good now DVDFab VD (vdrive.exe) works flawlessly, EXCELLENT virtual drive !!

All the other vd's are history for me, I have completely removed DTLite, never to be seen again !!!!

I will be passing on the word that DVDF VD is far superior to all other VD's

Thanks for all the hard work xubin !!!

谢谢,
            AX
            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Thanks you xubin...

Comment

Mr. X,

No more issues with mounting DVD ISO's, but ...... I see in some cases where vdrive will NOT mount some application ISO's.

I've tried this on two separate workstations with the same results, "Cannot mount: ....". I cycled through 28 app iso's I have on a USB Installation drive, only 3 would NOT mount.

When I tried DTLite on the same three (3) ISO's, no problem.

Regards,
                AX
                Last edited by AlienX69; 02-28-2010, 12:14 PM.
                AX

Comment

I am a total beginner... I installed your VD 1.0.0.2 and it has never worked... from tray or desktop...

When I try to uninstall it creates a TOTAL CRASH...

Please help... How do I get this off of my laptop?

Is this the wrong thread to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by pmmacctg View Post
                    I am a total beginner... I installed your VD 1.0.0.2 and it has never worked... from tray or desktop...

When I try to uninstall it creates a TOTAL CRASH...

Please help... How do I get this off of my laptop?

Is this the wrong thread to ask?
                    Sorry...

You can try this: Exit any cdrom related applications, in "Device Manager"->"SCSI and RAID controllers", right click DVDFab Virtual Drive, and click Uninstall.

or you can install the latest V1.1.0.1, which is more stable.

Regards,
                    xubin
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by xubin; 03-01-2010, 05:44 AM.
                    resigned

Comment

Working...
                    X