This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.1.0.6 is out

DVDFab Virtual Drive is a virtual DVD/Blu-ray emulator. It emulates maximum 18 drives and works with DVD/Blu-ray images created by DVDFab and other programs.

For example, to play a Blu-ray backup on PC with PowerDVD 8 and above, you need use DVDFab to backup the Blu-ray to an ISO image file, and use DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount it, then PowerDVD will play it.

DVDFab Virtual Drive is freeware, no cost at all.

System Requirements
    * Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit) X86/X64/IA64
    * Pentium II 500 MHz, 256 MB of RAM

Download Link

What's New
    * Change: Automatically sort Language item in Settings dialog.
    * Fix: UI bug in About dialog
    * Fix: CreateProcess failed in Windows XP 64bit

For translators
    * No changes.
    resigned

German language file is now about 5 KB instead of 3 KB, what are the changes?

EDIT: Sadly "* Fix: UI bug in About dialog" is wrong, still incorrect.

Also another bug i found:
    1. Change language to English and then close the menu
    2. Change language to German and then close the menu
    3. Double click on tray icon and you see English is selected while the other text is German.

Last edited by Blazkowicz; 03-16-2010, 04:07 PM.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Will there be any support for *.bin and *.cue? I'm getting an error, that binding this image to my drive won't work. Opening the image with UltraISO works fine.

Version: 1.0.6

greetings Claymore

Comment

Is there any way to get the virtual drive(s) to appear in a media center extender? I followed the directions below and it does work on the pc but I'd really like to watch movies on my tv and the drive(s) do not appear in the extender.

Any advise.

Originally posted by xubin
        Integrate DVDFab Virtual Drive into Windows Media Center
        1. Download Mount Image (Thanks, mikinho). Mount Image is an addin for Media Center that recognizes and uses DVDFab Virtual Drive. It has many other benefits for Media Center users, see the documentation on mikinho's website (English). Like DVDFab Virtual Drive, it's FREE.

2. Make sure you have installed DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.1.0.5 or above, and make sure it's set to autostart and that you have set up one virtual drive.

3. Specify media path in media center:
        Tasks->settings->Media Libraries
        select Movies, and click Next, add folders to the library.

4. Finally, go to the main menu, Movies->movie library, it will show the movies in your specified folder(s). Click and play, enjoy!

Running Windows 7 Pro
        W7 Pro
        360 extender

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnchair13 View Post
          Is there any way to get the virtual drive(s) to appear in a media center extender? I followed the directions below and it does work on the pc but I'd really like to watch movies on my tv and the drive(s) do not appear in the extender.

Any advise.

Running Windows 7 Pro
          Yes. Install my Extender Dvd "Transcode". It isn't perfect but working on it, new version is being ALPHA tested this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazkowicz View Post
            German language file is now about 5 KB instead of 3 KB, what are the changes?

EDIT: Sadly "* Fix: UI bug in About dialog" is wrong, still incorrect.

Also another bug i found:
            1. Change language to English and then close the menu
            2. Change language to German and then close the menu
            3. Double click on tray icon and you see English is selected while the other text is German.

As said in V1.1.0.5, all *.lng files are convert to UNICODE format, which make UI shown correctly universal.

>> EDIT: Sadly "* Fix: UI bug in About dialog" is wrong, still incorrect.
            Just extented the size of translator static control which feedbacked by bovirus. Do u mean?
            Last edited by xubin; 03-17-2010, 04:23 AM.
            resigned

Comment

Originally posted by Claymore View Post
              Will there be any support for *.bin and *.cue? I'm getting an error, that binding this image to my drive won't work. Opening the image with UltraISO works fine.

Version: 1.0.6

greetings Claymore
              Sorry, Currently, dvdfab virtual drive cannot mount .cue/.mds. We already added in todo list, when add the feature, i will send PM to u.

Thank you.
              resigned

Comment

@Blazkowicz
                The another bug already fixed, you can download new update: http://72.55.191.8/download/DVDFabVirtualDrive1106.exe

My fault, thank u so much!
                resigned

Comment

Th application extender does not work on a Vista PC running Vista Media Center.

I get error saying cannot run with this version of media center or media center not found. Mine is 64 bit version of VMC.

Comment

xubin, the setup i downloaded now has the same hash as the one i installed.

And I'm talking about the about dialog and the URLs in Windows XP FLP.
                    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

@Blazkowicz

Sorry for upload delay...

And sorry for the bug in FLP, i will install one and test, will be soon...

Thank you, and shame on me
                      resigned

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
                        Th application extender does not work on a Vista PC running Vista Media Center.

I get error saying cannot run with this version of media center or media center not found. Mine is 64 bit version of VMC.
                        It is W7 only. I can compile a Vista compatible version later today. I'll update when I do.

Comment

Originally posted by mikinho View Post
                          It is W7 only. I can compile a Vista compatible version later today. I'll update when I do.
                          Cool. I am running 64 bit version of vista.

Comment

Originally posted by mikinho View Post
                            Yes. Install my Extender Dvd "Transcode". It isn't perfect but working on it, new version is being ALPHA tested this week.
                            Will this play the entire movie or will I have to play each vts_xx file individually?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction, is there a way to change the file to a format that the extender will find in videos or movies and be able to play the entire movie without loss of quality?

Thanks,
                            W7 Pro
                            360 extender

Comment

Yes it will play the entire movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X