X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PowerDVD 7.3 Support With the latest patch 5711 from cyberlink

Hello,

I have switched just about every one of my movies over to blueray and have just a wee bit more hd-dvd movies that I have in iso format. With dvdfab moving to blu ray only support I kinda figure this is a longshot but here goes. I have 2 versions of powerdvd. 7.3 and version 9.0. Both require patches from time to time to keep playing all my movies. I noticed that dvdfab virtual drive masks the iso image good enough to fool power dvd 9 into playing the backups with no hitch. However, and this is a big however...

Power dvd 7.3 with the latest 5711 patch from cyberlink knows all. It can smell an iso and goes right into file mode. Which of course stops any chance of playing a backup hd-dvd or blu ray in this case as well. Now I know I have the version 9 and can play blu rays so who cares? right? I do. The reason I have both versions installed on the same pc was to avail myself the oppurtinity of playing both formats at the same time. That and I don't want to throw out all my old hd-dvd movies just yet to spend more money on the blu ray equal.

I would like to stay as dvdfab pure as all. Meaning I use the old dvdfab 5.2.3.2 to make the hd-dvd backups and would very much love to have dvdfab virtual drive do for powerdvd 7.3 what it does for powerdvd 9.0. At least I assume thats what is going on but I don't really know the details. Safe to say all my blu ray backups from dvdfab 6.2.1.8 play as iso's on powerdvd 9.0 with no issues.

Big thank you to everyone for the add in to media center. That helps me with the wife and kids a ton as they are not too all together happy with mounting an unmounting isos to watch different movies.

Any help will be most appreciated. Thank you.

I will check this issue. When fixed, i will send PM to u.

Thank u for your feedback.
    resigned

Comment

Working...
    X