Can't Mount an ISO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Mount an ISO

Installed DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.1.0.9 on three laptops today. All Dell. Running Win 7 Pro 64-bit, Win 7 Pro 32-bit and Win 7 Starter 32-bit (netbook) 2 out of three work great!

I am having problems on the one running Win 7 Pro 32-bit. When I right click on an ISO file i don't see the option to mount it. But when I right click on the same file on another system I see the Mount option. Any ideas?

Have you restarted the computer after that you installed the program?

Comment

Yes I did restart it. I actually found out my problem.

On the one laptop i was installing it from RemoteDesktop. For some reason i could not mount an ISO through RD but when i logged on locally it worked.

Comment

Is there anyway to mount an ISO over remote desktop? I am running windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and am wanting to mount some iso's over remote desktop, anyway to do this with virtual drive?

Comment

You want to mount the remote ISO into local drive?
          人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
          Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

nope, just needing to mount an iso that is located on the remote system, onto the remote system itself that the iso is actually located on.

Comment

Then normally mount it like you would do it on a local system.

Comment

virtual drive isn't giving me any way to mount. When I right click on the ISO, no context menu options show up to mount, also when I right click on virtual drive in the task bar I do not get any mount option in the menu, just settings and number of drives. However everything works fine when I am physically logged onto the computer in person.

Comment

This sounds like an issue I am having as well (although nothing to do with RD in my case).

If I use an account with Admin privilidges everything works okay. However, if I use a standard "user" account I am unable to mount images, etc.

There is a thread in the DVD Copy forum about this...

Comment

@Carob
                    I checked this issue in Windows XP SP3 with Limited user, DVDFab Virtual Drive can mount a DVD image successfully.
                    resigned

Comment

Originally posted by xubin View Post
                      @Carob
                      I checked this issue in Windows XP SP3 with Limited user, DVDFab Virtual Drive can mount a DVD image successfully.
                      What are you calling a Limited user? A "Power User" of "User"? If it's a standard "User" I'd like to know the trick 'cause it doesn't work for me.

Comment

@Carob
                        In windows xp, only has two account type: administrator, limited user, run -> nusermgr.cpl. you're using Vista?
                        resigned

Comment

Actually, XP (pro) has several types.
                          But, the big three are Administrator, Power User and User.

Comment

xubin was talking about simple GUI. When talking about general groups, XP Pro has the following groups:

*Administrators
                            *Backup Operators
                            *Debugger Users
                            *Guests
                            *HelpServicesGroup
                            *Network Configuration Operators
                            *Power Users
                            *Remote Desktop Users
                            *Replicator
                            *Users
                            Attached Files

Comment

That's all well and good but it's a bit off topic.

Nothing comes to mind for anyway why I would not be able to get DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount the iso's, etc. when logged in as a standard user? As mentioned before, it works fine when using an Admin profile.

Comment

Working...
                              X