This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Virtual Drive 1.1.1.3 is out

DVDFab Virtual Drive is a virtual DVD/Blu-ray emulator. It emulates maximum 18 drives and works with DVD/Blu-ray images created by DVDFab and other programs.

For example, to play a Blu-ray backup on PC with PowerDVD 8 and above, you need use DVDFab to backup the Blu-ray to an ISO image file, and use DVDFab Virtual Drive to mount it, then PowerDVD will play it.

DVDFab Virtual Drive is freeware, no cost at all.

System Requirements
    * Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit) X86/X64
    * Pentium II 500 MHz, 256 MB of RAM

Download Link

What's New
    * New: register 32-bit shell extension in 64-bit Windows.
    * Some minor changes and improvements.

For translators
    * No changes.
    resigned

ok after 2 days of troubleshooting i found what was causing my black screen of death.

dvdfab virtual drive 1.1.1.3 kills vista x64 systems. For some reason this version locks up the system when transitioning into sleep/hibernate modes. At first i thought it was a corrupt driver / dodgy update so i removed everything and still the same then i remember i also installed this on the same day.

This is the only version that has caused this issue.

Comment

@audiophile
      Send a private message to you, the stable version will come soon.
      resigned

Comment

have gone back to 1.1.1.0 which works fine. The issue seems to exist in 1.1.1.2 as well.

Comment

I thought DVDFab Virtual Drive was going to be a solution for me. Is there a known way to make the virtual drives available to Media Center and extenders?
          W7 Pro
          360 extender

Comment

Lawnchair13
            I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=3888
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
              Lawnchair13
              I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but give this a read through http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=3888
              CBR929
              Yes that link is so you can use media center to mount the iso to DVDFab vritual drive but one thing it only works using computer. I tried to use my Xbox 360 as an extender to mount an iso but does not work so this will not work for extenders but does work when using media center on computer

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                Yes that link is so you can use media center to mount the iso to DVDFab vritual drive but one thing it only works using computer. I tried to use my Xbox 360 as an extender to mount an iso but does not work so this will not work for extenders but does work when using media center on computer
                Thanks for the clarification AGJ I was not sure
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                  Thanks for the clarification AGJ I was not sure
                  CBR929
                  Your welcome,
                  Well the OP asked if there was anything that would make the virtual drive visable to media center and extenders so you was correct and when I first tried it I was hoping it would work on an extender as well but found out it did not. It is a pretty good plug in for media center if all you have are iso and not want to mount it before opening media center. This plug in even makes the iso seen within media center

Comment

follow up

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
                    So, as far as anyone knows, there's no way to get the Virtual Drives to appear in the 360 Extender?
                    W7 Pro
                    360 extender

Comment

Originally posted by Lawnchair13 View Post
                      So, as far as anyone knows, there's no way to get the Virtual Drives to appear in the 360 Extender?
                      I have tried but unable to but this could be something to ask on the xbox forums or search for on the xbox forum. I have not gone to that forum yet to find out as I not save my DVDs in iso format so no need to find out. If you google xbox forum you will get link to it

Comment

Working...
                      X