Does not autorun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does not autorun

I'm sure this is not a Virtural Drive issue but maybe someone can help me out.

When I mount an iso to view a window pops up with the video-ts and audio-ts folders. It also happens on the physical DVD drive when I install a DVD. (This is convenient when I use DVDFAB to rip as I don't have to click out of a DVD that has begun while it reads the disk. I did not set it to do this but it just began act this way out of the blue about a month or so ago and just went with it. Before that it would autostart in windows media player).

I know it is just a setting somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I have right clicked on the physical drive icon in "my computer" - properties - Autoplay - DVD and selected windows media player but it doesn't take.

When right clicking on the virtural drive and doing the same "my computer" - properties - Autoplay it gives no option for DVD.

I know the problem is all me and my incorrect settings somewhere as I have virtural drive in another computer and it works perfectly.

I am running Windows XP MCE and service pack 3. I believe I have all updates. The ISO's I am trying to play were created with DVDFab and work on the other computer.

@Keledole
    Don't know whether you have tried microsoft Autoplay Repaire Wizard.
    resigned

Comment

Just saw your post. Thanks, I will try it after work and let you know if it works.

Comment

Thanks again for the link.

I let it look at the physical drive and it said it found and fixed a problem and then on the virtural drive and it found a problem that it said could not resolve. In both drives the autoplay feature still does not function.

I'll have to keep at it. It really is no big deal but it would be convenient to test run an ISO before burning.

Comment

Working...
        X