4K UHD main movie encode does not play on Xbox One X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4K UHD main movie encode does not play on Xbox One X

Hi. i have tried to do a 4K UHD main movie encode but the final disk does not play on the Xbox One X. The Xbox One X has a 4K player so not sure why it wont play. Im using 10.0.6.8 x64

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

Did you try to play it on other players, like DVDFab Media Player or another standalone player?

If possible, please take a photo for tv screeen, and post it.

Thanks!
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

make sure that your 4K meets these requirements - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...l-requirements

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

My tv supports all that the Xbox requires as all the 4k boxes were ticked on setup.

Ive only got the Xbox as a 4k player and a standard blu ray player. The Xbox gives me a error saying please insert a game, movie or CD disk. When I tried on a normal blu ray player it shows the name of the film but when you press play you get a black screen and then you go back to the blu ray players menu. I'll get some pictures in the morning and post them.

Comment

h265 4k works, ive tested it. h264 will not play. Please encode to HEVC profile mp4.

Comment

Originally posted by TH3 0V3RLORD View Post
            Hi. i have tried to do a 4K UHD main movie encode but the final disk does not play on the Xbox One X. The Xbox One X has a 4K player so not sure why it wont play. Im using 10.0.6.8 x64

Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
            Just encode the main movie to HEVC 4k and play it from an EXFAT USB drive or NAS. Ive done this and it works. I have the xbox one X as well.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try now.

Comment

Originally posted by TH3 0V3RLORD View Post
                Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try now.
                How did that workout for you?

Comment

Didn't actually try. Just bought a 4k player lol

Comment

Working...
                  X