10.0.7.6 Corrupts video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10.0.7.6 Corrupts video

3 MKV 2160 converts to 1080p resulted in corrupted shrinks. Unable to downgrade to 10.0.7.4 as the download page ONLY serves 10.0.7.6.

Updated Nvidia drivers and restarting Windows 10 made no difference.

Disabling CUDA encoder results in correct encodes .

Comment

Hi Quadcom,
      Please provide your dvdfab_internal.log and fabcheck_internal.log, Thanks.

Yours,
      Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

posted
        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

same thing happens when i play back on nvidia shield which handles h265 like a dream. green screens and similar results as your youtube video. playback on computer with vlc. works just fine

Comment

If you disable CUDA decode the resulting encode is fine. It's when both CUDA decode and CUDA encode are present.

Comment

Hi,

We could not reproduce the corrupted video problem with CUDA enabled. Please upgrade to DVDFab 10.0.9.0 to try again.

You would also need to update the player version and please give DVDFab Player 5 a try and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
                Mona

Comment

This STILL is not fixed. I have updated DVDFab and the Nvidia drivers multiple times. I have seen the same playback problems on multiple systems so the problem is encoded in the output video.

The problem goes away if H265 CUDA decoding is turned off. Of course, this slows down the application by a factor of 3.

Comment

Originally posted by The real Quadcom View Post
                    This STILL is not fixed. I have updated DVDFab and the Nvidia drivers multiple times. I have seen the same playback problems on multiple systems so the problem is encoded in the output video.

The problem goes away if H265 CUDA decoding is turned off. Of course, this slows down the application by a factor of 3.
                    Could you please post the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file? Thank you.

Regards,
                    Mona

Comment

Here
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here
                        Thanks.

Comment

Ran another test after updating to 10.2.0.9.

It appears as though h265 decode > h265 encode id working properly again.

Also, I noticed that transcoding a 2160p down to 1080p doesn't appear to take advantage of h265 CUDA decoding. It's all CPU. Fps drops from 300-400 fps for a 1080p source down to 70 fps for a 2160p source.

Comment

Also, I noticed that transcoding a 2160p down to 1080p doesn't appear to take advantage of h265 CUDA decoding. It's all CPU. Fps drops from 300-400 fps for a 1080p source down to 70 fps for a 2160p source.
                            Still 3 MKV 2160 converts to 1080p, right? Please supply the latest dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file.

Comment

Working...
                            X