X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i add chapters in UHD Creator?

can i add chapters in UHD Creator? how?

Hello jlp,

When the source contains chapter info, the output file will retain the chapter feature;
    When the source doesn't include any chapter info, DVDFab will automatically create chapter every 5 minutes by default.

Adding chapters manually in UHD Creator is currently not supported, however it is on our to-do list, we will support this feature as soon as possible.

Shall you have any advice or suggestion to DVDFab, please kindly post in DVDFab forum again, we would appreciate it very much.

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

when you create uhd by mkv. this mkv can contains original chapters. uhd will get original chapters.

if you create uhd by m2ts.M2ts can't contains chapters. uhdcreater will create chapter by add chapter in every 5 minutes.
      But if you want original chapters, you will fix it with hexedit program.

Comment

Originally posted by gantz View Post
        when you create uhd by mkv. this mkv can contains original chapters. uhd will get original chapters.

if you create uhd by m2ts.M2ts can't contains chapters. uhdcreater will create chapter by add chapter in every 5 minutes.
        But if you want original chapters, you will fix it with hexedit program.
        what to edit?

Comment

1 create uhd from mkv (add chapters)
          2 create uhd from m2ts
          3 open mpls file of 1 and 2 in hexedit program , set display column = 14

4 from picture 1 (mpls file of 1)
          ==> byte 52-55 = start time of movie (yellow)
          ==>byte 56-59 = end time of movie (yellow)
          ==>FF = chapter (pink) = 13 chapters
          ==>4 byte before FF = chapter time (pink)

5 copy 4 from 1 and replace them in 2

6 from picture 2 (mpls file of 2)
          ==> replace byte in green with space (20)

7 save
          Last edited by gantz; 03-15-2018, 02:02 PM.

Comment

1 create uhd from mkv (add chapters)
            2 create uhd from m2ts
            3 open mpls file of 1 and 2 in hexedit program , set display column = 14

4 from picture 1 (mpls file of 1)
            ==> byte 52-55 = start time of movie (yellow)
            ==>byte 56-59 = end time of movie (yellow)
            ==>FF = chapter (pink) = 13 chapters
            ==>4 byte before FF = chapter time (pink)

5 copy 4 from 1 and replace them in 2

6 from picture 2 (mpls file of 2)
            ==> replace byte in green with space (20)

7 save
            They must be created exactly with the same streams? Because creating from M2TS gives me Atmod/TrueHD/Core track, but from MKV i get only AC3 core track.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp View Post

They must be created exactly with the same streams? Because creating from M2TS gives me Atmod/TrueHD/Core track, but from MKV i get only AC3 core track.
              edil only chapter time.

Comment

edil only chapter time.
                replace every byte in green with space, or all with one space? and what if UHD from m2ts will have less chapters than UHD from MKV, adding lines is OK?

Comment

replace every byte in green with space, or all with one space? and what if UHD from m2ts will have less chapters than UHD from MKV, adding lines is OK?
                  one space/ one byte.

It can only chapter of m2ts no more than mkv. In case add line, not test yet but i think It should not be work.

I found another way but still must edit mpls file. not test yet

1. back up mpls file (m2ts source) and mpls file (mkv source)
                  2. open mpls file (mkv source) and mpls file (m2ts source) with hexedit program
                  3 replace byte 90-91 of mpls file (mkv source) with byte 90-91 of mpls file (m2ts source) ## I think byte 90-91 = size of m2ts file
                  4. save
                  5 replace mpls file (m2ts source) with mpls file (mkv source)

Last edited by gantz; 04-04-2018, 04:27 AM.

Comment

one space/ one byte.

It can only chapter of m2ts no more than mkv. In case add line, not test yet but i think It should not be work.

I found another way but still must edit mpls file. not test yet

1. back up mpls file (m2ts source) and mpls file (mkv source)
                    2. open mpls file (mkv source) and mpls file (m2ts source) with hexedit program
                    3 replace byte 90-91 of mpls file (mkv source) with byte 90-91 of mpls file (m2ts source) ## I think byte 90-91 = size of m2ts file
                    4. save
                    5 replace mpls file (m2ts source) with mpls file (mkv source)

bytes 90-91 are same in MKV and M2TS sources..

Comment

bytes 90-91 are same in MKV and M2TS sources..
                      size of m2ts file equal?

almost size of m2ts file from m2ts source and size of m2ts file from mkv source will not equal.
                      If bytes 90-91 are same value, so size of m2ts from m2ts source and mkv source must be equal.

Comment

size of m2ts file equal?

almost size of m2ts file from m2ts source and size of m2ts file from mkv source will not equal.
                        If bytes 90-91 are same value, so size of m2ts from m2ts source and mkv source must be equal.
                        of course not the same... MKV does not contain Atmos/TrueHD/AC3core combined track..... can you post screenshot, what to look for?

Comment

of course not the same... MKV does not contain Atmos/TrueHD/AC3core combined track..... can you post screenshot, what to look for?
                          sorry, I forget this problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X