BURNING UHD BR using my own 4K videos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BURNING UHD BR using my own 4K videos

Those interested in burning their own 4K vacation videos to a UHD BR disc know that there is no software available other than DVDFAB.

I just had some success using their convert method, with a HEVC MKV 60P video from my camcorder created with Cyberlink PD14. Video source is a SONY AX100 that records only in 30P. So Cyberlink PD14 doubled the frame rate to 60P from the original 30P.

It plays on a Samsung 8500 but DVDFAB converts the frame rate from 60P to 24P, so it is jerky because of the dropped frames. Using the SAME SOURCE VIDEO but at 30P does not play on the Samsung 8500 even though DVDFAB says success.

I am glad to have this software and hope that these bugs can be fixed at some point. DVDFAB has to realize that most 4K UHD camcorders can only produce 30P (or 25P) 4K, so when converting, the frame rate has to be doubled to 60P to be compatible with UHD 4K.

All this is a major step forward for those of us trying to burn their own vacation UHD BR discs.

Eugene

Hello Eugene,

Please send us a short 4K video recorded using your SONY AX100 to help us improve this feature, thank you for your help in advance.

I have PMed you the FTP info for uploading the video, please kindly check, thank you again.

Regards,
    Mona

Comment

Update:

Hello Eugene,

1. UHD supports 3840 x 2160 23.976/ 24/ 25/50/59.94/60 fps video format;

2. Here is the manual of your player:
      http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...00-ZA_1203.pdf

You sent me a picture taken from page 59 which is about supported video FILE format.
      You were trying to playback UHD disc, so in your case you should check page 52 instead; those fps mentioned in NO.1 above can be supported under BD Wise mode.
      Please refer to page 18 to set BD Wise ON; in this way, the video in 24 fps should be okay when playback.
      However, we notice that the source you sent me is in 29.97 fps. Please kindly double check, thank you.

Regards,
      Mona

Comment

Mona,you say

UHD supports 3840 x 2160 23.976/ 24/ 25/50/59.94/60 fps video format;

THAT IS WHY THE MATERIAL I SENT IS 30P, It is the ORIGINAL AX100 UHD video output.

The camcorder source video has to be DOUBLED to 60P by YOUR software because 90% of original UHD camcorder are only 30P, including mine.

and do NOT output in 24P because of the stutter , BUT 60P AS WELL.

I thought that was all clearly understood.

1) 30P is NOT a UHD standard

2) 90% of the WORLDS UHD 4K camcorders, iphones etc can only do 30P, so if you want them to use your product, YOU have to double that to 60P

You cannot play a 30P or 60P source video in 24P it will ALWAYS STUTTER.

Judging by your software you have some very very smart people , So I cannot understand how they made these mistakes.
        Last edited by opiEugene; 04-06-2018, 04:30 AM.

Comment

I can send you a longer original 30P AX 100 UHD video if you have place to do it. Your email system rejects more than a few seconds of video.

Gene

Comment

Originally posted by opiEugene View Post
            I can send you a longer original 30P AX 100 UHD video if you have place to do it. Your email system rejects more than a few seconds of video.

Gene
            Hello, Gene,

Thank you for your reply. I will PM you the FTP site for uploading the file. Please kindly check, thank you again.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Mona, Hi
              I want to send you the material in the mail, you should have it in a week. But I need a mailing address.

Regards

Eugene

Comment

All is well that ends well. The latest SW versions have fixed UHD CREATOR and I can now burn my Sony FDR AX100 4K videos, edited in Cyberlink PD14 and create viable UHD BR discs that play on my 2 year old Samsung 8500 UHD player. Have also read reports from users that these discs play on Panasonic, Sony and Oppo players. Several titles can be burned at the same time and the SW automatically creates 5 min. interval chapters, the crowning touch would be to have a menu option as well.

Well done !!

Eugene

Comment

Working...
                X