Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problems with h265 codec

Hello everybody,

since the update to 10.0.9.2 I have problems with the H265 codec. I have the feeling that the files are incredibly small and the picture quality accordingly bad. Jumanji 1995 main movie now has a file size of 2.33 GB as MKV.h265. The picture quality is really bad. So far, the file sizes were always between 4-6 GB at MKV.h265. So about 25-30% smaller than MKV, h264.

I tried the following:

1. MKV.h265 -> quality -> high -> 355 MB
    2. MKV.h265 -> Quality adjusted 0.15 -> also 355 MB, which seems to be funny
    3. MKV.h264 -> quality high - is already automatically at 0.15 -> 990 MB

Has anyone noticed the same problem or loss of quality?

Thank you for your help.

Ronny

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
    Hello everybody,

since the update to 10.0.9.2 I have problems with the H265 codec. I have the feeling that the files are incredibly small and the picture quality accordingly bad. Jumanji 1995 main movie now has a file size of 2.33 GB as MKV.h265. The picture quality is really bad. So far, the file sizes were always between 4-6 GB at MKV.h265. So about 25-30% smaller than MKV, h264.

I tried the following:

1. MKV.h265 -> quality -> high -> 355 MB
    2. MKV.h265 -> Quality adjusted 0.15 -> also 355 MB, which seems to be funny
    3. MKV.h264 -> quality high - is already automatically at 0.15 -> 990 MB

Has anyone noticed the same problem or loss of quality?

Thank you for your help.

Ronny
    Complement:

Example 2:
    47 meters down
    -> ripped with version 10.0.8.8 or 10.0.9.0 MKV.h265 (I do not remember exactly now) - 5.0 GB
    -> ripped again with version 10.0.9.2 MKV.h265 - 3,12 GB

I do not think the compression has been improved with the new version. This is definitely data lost, or am I mistaken?

Comment

Please supply dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file first. Thank you.

Regards,
      Mona

Comment

Hello Mona.

Thanks for your reply. Here the attachments.

Ronny
        Attached Files

Comment

We will see if we can reproduce the problem.

Meanwhile, you can go to DVDFab Common Settings>General>A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box to convert again and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
          Mona

Comment

Hello Mona.

It works better. MKV.h265 (two-pass / quality hjgh) --> 5,01 GB. Encoding with Intel grafic card.

Nevertheless, why I don't works with GPU (Cuda)?

Thanks again for your support.

Ronny

Comment

Hi Ronny,

We could not reproduce the problem. Please kindly check if there is new driver available, update the driver of your graphics card and then use the latest version of DVDFab to try again.

Regards,
              Mona

Comment

Working...
              X