New copy protection scheme: infinite retries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New copy protection scheme: infinite retries

I have noticed this for some time on windows 10. If the disk is scuffed up, windows retries constantly. Even setting 0 retries and "skip 64" sectors has no effect. Disk spins constantly, lights blink and nothing ever happens even waiting overnight. Tried Asus BW-12D (usb3), CA-40N, Pioneer BDR X506 (USB3), TSSTcorp (FW200), and my new LG-WS16NS40s on two other systems

The disk, a used, but standard DVD, played fine on a Samsung set top player. It starts up and plays immediately with no delay and no glitches.

Just for kicks, I put it into a Ubuntu 17.10 system with TSSCorp DVD burner and with the following
    sudo apt install libdvd-pkg
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure libdvd-pkg
    Also did an update but did not install VLC as no need: THE VIDEO PROGRAM WAS ABLE TO PLAY THE DVD!!!!!!
    Windows seems to keep retrying but the Ubunto drivers seem to give up and go on!!!

I installed SAMBA and exported the CDROM so my windows system with DVDFAB 10 could access and rip it. It worked!

Hope this helps someone!

[EDIT] Forgot to mention that DVDFab player 3 and player 5 would not play the disk. Not even 1 seconds worth as windows was constantly retrying.
    Last edited by BeemerBiker; 06-27-2018, 11:32 PM.

What is the name of the movie disc? When a disk is scuffed up, it'd be better to do a good clean on the disc.
    Please first be sure that the disc can be recognized by your PC before you run DVDFab to load the disc.

Also, a disc can be played and can be copied are two different processes.

Please post dvdfab_internal.log file to help check the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X