Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab using H265 with GTX980 - Am I crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab using H265 with GTX980 - Am I crazy?

I swear H265 CUDA encoding was previously working on my GTX 980 card.

Am I crazy? I'm up to date on both DVDFab and NVidia drivers. But I never get accelerated encoding when working with H265 now.

Thanks!

I have a GTX 980 card, what profile are you using and I'll give it a try.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

MP4.H265 (HEVC) .... shows software only and doesn't list it as a supported codec....

Click image for larger version

Name:	unsupported.png
Views:	452
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	356324
      Attached Files

Comment

Based on the screen shot that you uploaded, it appears that H.265 encoding using CUDA, IS enabled … only decoding is software. If I remember right, I recall reading somewhere on the forum that H.265 hardware decoding requires Pascal
        architecture which I think is only present on the
        GTX 1050 and its successors (1060, 1070, etc.) in the 1000 series. But then you said you used it before with your 980 card. You might want to temporarily reload an older video driver that worked with hardware decoding and see if can be enabled. Also, did you try unchecking the "Enable Lighting Shrink ..." box and manually selecting CUDA?

Comment

All of the above plus if you select 10 bit there will be no acceleration.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys. I'll play around a little bit more and see. I could very well be mistaken about my previous experience - when I first got into DVDFab I played around a lot with settings.

Comment

Working...
            X