Constant hangs with new version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Constant hangs with new version

Updated the version today and have tried to copy two DVDs...they both get about 39%, 400K and they just freeze up. It generates an error report and requests to send it. Where can I find the previous version that worked?

Originally posted by misstruss View Post
    Updated the version today and have tried to copy two DVDs...they both get about 39%, 400K and they just freeze up. It generates an error report and requests to send it. Where can I find the previous version that worked?
    We don't reproduce the freeze problem with the latest DVDFab 10.

Please try to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of DVDFab v10.2.1.0 and then try again.

If no difference, post the latest dvdfab_internal.log file.

Comment

When I was waiting for a reply, I tried the V11 beta, it didn't even hang, it just crashed. I uninstalled three versions showing in the control panel. I was unable to find your suggested 10.2.1.0 version, so I installed 10.2.1.7 which was one of the versions I tried that failed. The problem began with an earlier version, then upgraded to 7, still failed, upgraded to V11, still failed.

Comment

OK, things are going downhill...after trying that, my whole PC froze...couldn't even three-finger it, had to do a reset which is not a good thing. There was a log file created, but since the computer was froze, it probably didn't even get a chance to write to the log what the problem was.
        Attached Files

Comment

OK, after being forced to reset and reboot and then tried again to backup a DVD, this time it hung a 17% completion, but at least it didn't freeze my computer. Here is a new log for this session...
          Attached Files

Comment

ps: Win7 Pro, I also disabled my antivirus software and other than my browser, I have nothing else running to conflict.

No major changes have occurred I successfully backed up 3 other DVDs on 10/11, so it worked recently. No software or updates have been done since then...

Comment

@misstruss

1. Please convert again using the latest DVDFab with the "3 other DVDs" that you can successfully backed up and see if it will make a difference.

2. Also, please use DVD Copy Clone mode to create an iso file from the original movie disc, from the log file, the current one you were trying was DVD GREAT_ESCAPE_AT_DUNKIRK, and load this iso file as source to DVD Ripper to convert and see the result.

3. You may also need to update the driver of your graphics card.

Thanks.

Comment

We are unable to reproduce the problem, please kindly check my above post and try again, please feedback with the latest log file and a screenshot where DVDFab gets stuck. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X