DVDFab Crashes after GPU Driver Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Crashes after GPU Driver Install

Hello, I just completed a clean install of my AMD Radeon drivers and DVDFab is crashing. I have an AMD RX480 Video Card. When I rip a DVD it says "ATI Stream GPU acceleration for videoh264 enabled" but then the system crashes every time. Any ideas what's happening? I have attached the fabcheck log. The dvdfab_internal.log file is too big (902 kb) to upload.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by rwba50 View Post
    Hello, I just completed a clean install of my AMD Radeon drivers and DVDFab is crashing. I have an AMD RX480 Video Card. When I rip a DVD it says "ATI Stream GPU acceleration for videoh264 enabled" but then the system crashes every time. Any ideas what's happening? I have attached the fabcheck log. The dvdfab_internal.log file is too big (902 kb) to upload.
    Please open the dvdfab_internal.log file using notepad, scroll it down, copy the recent few tries to a new notebook and then send it to us.

A complete log session shall start with a version number and date, for example: DVDFab 10.2.1.0 (2018/08/31 09:37:34) (X64)

Or, you can delete the whole log file, use DVDFab to try again the process, it will generate a new log file, attach the log files here again.

Comment

Hello, Here is the log covering the past day when the problem started.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, from the recent log file, all the tries were with DVD L5T-0N-NT2_DES, what is the movie name? Please specify.
        Did you try to convert this DVD to other profiles like MKV? Still Crashed?
        Also, do you try other DVDs? Same problem?

Please kindly offer more info. Thank you.

Comment

Hello, The DVD is Disk 2 of Season 5 of LOST. I was ripping several episodes. The ripper tends to get through the first episode but not the rest or sometimes it does not get through the first episode. I tried disk 3 of Season 5 and using the MKV format and first episode was ripped but then nothing. Attached is latest dvd.internal.log.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi rwba50 ,

Please go to Common Settings>General>A/V Codec, tick the "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding" box to convert again and see if it will make a difference.

Regards,
            Mona

Comment

Hello, This fix (Disable All GPU Codecs) does seem to have fixed the problem. Will this cause other problem when I rip Blue Rays?

Comment

Will this cause other problem when I rip Blue Rays?
                No, but it could slow down the conversion speed.
                Or maybe you can check and see if there is a driver update available, do the update and then enable GPU to try again and see if it works.

Comment

Working...
                X