Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing Video When Merging MKV

Hello,

I am using 64bit v10.2.1.6 and attempting to merge two MKV files that I ripped from a DVD. The first file is the main program and the second file is the credits/outtakes.

When setting the output merge file to any of the MKV formats, the resulting file cuts off the last few seconds of the 1st MKV before transitioning to the 2nd file contents. If I set the merge output to any of the MP4 formats I do not have this problem, but the video quality is noticeable less.
    The MKV merge outputs retain the video quality but with the loss of the few seconds of the main program. So either way I am not able to produce a complete file that retains the original video quality.

I have tried literally every single MKV and MP4 merge output format. The only one that allows me to retain the full program as well as the full quality is MP4.4K.10bit, but with a output file 4x the size (3.4GB) of the original files (900MB) and with a 3 hour runtime for the merge process.

I believe I have tried everything I could think of which is why I am posting now. Thank you for any thoughts or solutins.

We will try to duplicate this problem and get back to you.

Comment

Thank you for checking, I believe I have discovered the source of the error.

With the two files loaded on the Converter screen, I was changing format using the format button at the top left side of the GUI. I wrongly assumed that any change made there was applied to both files.
      I discovered today that it was only modifying the first file listed because that was the highlighted file. This was then causing two different output formats for the two files for merge which I believe explains the loss.
      I am now able to do the merge successfully.

Comment

Working...
      X