Output directory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Output directory

Silly question, but I can't see where to set the output direct is located in DVDfab 11, I can find the location for the temp directory, but I can't find the setting that controls the final output location, so everything is going to Documents/DVDfab11 which isn't where I want it to go.

on the main interface at the bottom " save to " location click the " save as movie folder " icon
    then choose save location.
    Last edited by october262; 11-07-2018, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post
      Silly question, but I can't see where to set the output direct is located in DVDfab 11, I can find the location for the temp directory, but I can't find the setting that controls the final output location, so everything is going to Documents/DVDfab11 which isn't where I want it to go.
      Please check the lower area of DVDFab, the "white bar", you can change the "save to" directory. See image attached.

Click image for larger version

Name:	save to.png
Views:	1175
Size:	276.9 KB
ID:	361499

Comment

Changing the "Save to" location at the bottom of that window does not actually change the default folder location. When the program is closed and re-opened, the default is showing again. Here's how to change the default location and make it stick on a PC.
        1. Fully close DVDFab if you have it open.
        2. Open the DVDFab XML config file (see below for where this file can be found).
        3. Find the default path (see below for the common syntax and structure for default paths) for the variable "DefOutFolder."
        4. Change the default path as needed. Be sure to change the slashes to forward slashes if you are copying the path from an Explorer window.
        5. You may want to change the "SnapshotFolder" location as well to reflect your new path. This variable should follow the "DefOutFolder" setting.
        6. Save the file.
        Now, when you open DVDFab, the default folder location is always the one you configured above.

XML Config File Locations
        Replace %username% with your username.
        <br>
        DVDFab 13 C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\DVDFab1 3\fab _config.xml
        DVDFab 12 C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\DVDFab1 2\fab _config.xml
        DVDFab 11 C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab11\fab _config.xml
        <br>
        Default Out Folder Paths
        <br>
        DVDFab 13 C:/Users/%username%/Documents/DVDFab/DVDFab13/
        DVDFab 12 C:/Users/%username%/Documents/DVDFab/DVDFab12/
        DVDFab 11 C:/Users/%username%/Documents/DVDFab11/

Comment

Originally posted by dlzh View Post
          Changing the "Save to" location at the bottom of that window does not actually change the default folder location. When the program is closed and re-opened, the default is showing again. Here's how to change the default location and make it stick on a PC.
          1. Fully close DVDFab if you have it open.
          2. Open the DVDFab XML config file (see below for where this file can be found).
          3. Find the default path (see below for the common syntax and structure for default paths) for the variable "DefOutFolder."
          4. Change the default path as needed. Be sure to change the slashes to forward slashes if you are copying the path from an Explorer window.
          5. You may want to change the "SnapshotFolder" location as well to reflect your new path. This variable should follow the "DefOutFolder" setting.
          6. Save the file.
          Now, when you open DVDFab, the default folder location is always the one you configured above.

XML Config File Locations
          <br>
          DVDFab 13 C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\DVDFab1 3\fab _config.xml
          DVDFab 12 C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\DVDFab1 2\fab _config.xml
          DVDFab 11 C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab11\fab _config.xml
          <br>
          Default Out Folder Paths
          <br>
          DVDFab 13 C:/Users/%username%/Documents/DVDFab/DVDFab13/
          DVDFab 12 C:/Users/%username%/Documents/DVDFab/DVDFab12/
          DVDFab 11 C:/Users/%username%/Documents/DVDFab11/
          It will be fixed in next version.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X