DVDFab Forum - DVDFab 11.0.04 fails to run.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab 11.0.04 fails to run.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DVDFab 11.0.04 fails to run.

    Just upgraded to 11.0.0.4 x64 and it will not run. HDD sounds like it's reading and writing constantly and I have to go in and kill the process. Tried the update twice including the full version download with the same result.

    I have downgraded back to 11.0.0.3

    cpu: i5
    gpu: gtx1060

  • #2
    Downloading the installer didn't work for me either but updating with DVDFab did.
    How to post the internal log


    Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

    Comment


    • #3
      That worked for me. Thanks

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi,

        Please post the install.log file if the online installer does not work for you.

        C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\DVDFab11\Log

        Thanks!

        Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab9_Win7 & Win8 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab9\Log
        For DVDFab10_Win7 & Win8 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: /User/User name/Documents/DVDFab10/Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

        Thanks!

        Comment


        • #5
          As I had posted elsewhere (sorry for duplicate) I had two fails, one right after another, when trying to install with the online installer. The third time it worked. I had changed nothing, nor ran anything else between each attempt, so I thought perhaps it was a server issue. The words "Install Failed", or something similar, very briefly flashed on the install splash screen, but then disappeared, so not sure of the exact wording. I have attached the install_log file. It appears to me that it only shows two installation attempts but I know I did try three times and third time it did complete installation.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by LaciBacsi; 11-16-2018, 02:47 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            11.0.0.5 failed to run for me after updating like 11.0.0.4 did. It seems to install fine. no errors or anything but then it will not run. No splash screen or anything.

            I thought I figured out what's causing the problem for me. If I shut down my Anti-Virus "Webroot SecureAnywhere", the updating works and runs
            as it should. But it is failing to run again.

            I have attached my install log

            It will start and run if I shut down Webroot but will not run with it on...
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Tim537; 11-22-2018, 04:45 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tim537 View Post
              11.0.0.5 failed to run for me after updating like 11.0.0.4 did. It seems to install fine. no errors or anything but then it will not run. No splash screen or anything.

              I thought I figured out what's causing the problem for me. If I shut down my Anti-Virus "Webroot SecureAnywhere", the updating works and runs
              as it should. But it is failing to run again.

              I have attached my install log

              It will start and run if I shut down Webroot but will not run with it on...
              try installing via the offline installer and see if that works.

              Comment


              • #8
                I tried the following
                - Through the software update available box
                - The download you get when you click the "you can also download link" in the update box
                - The download from the website.
                - Uninstall and re-install

                None work for me with anti-virus on. I checked the AV and it isn't showing that it is blocking anything or even that it has found
                anything recently.

                I am now back to 11.0.0.3 to have a running version again.

                I get no warnings or errors from DVDFab or Webroot. The only thing I noticed is my HDD sounds like its reading and writing
                constantly. Never had any problems running it until 11.0.0.4. Been using DVDFab and Webroot for years.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tim537 View Post
                  I tried the following
                  - Through the software update available box
                  - The download you get when you click the "you can also download link" in the update box
                  - The download from the website.
                  - Uninstall and re-install

                  None work for me with anti-virus on. I checked the AV and it isn't showing that it is blocking anything or even that it has found
                  anything recently.

                  I am now back to 11.0.0.3 to have a running version again.

                  I get no warnings or errors from DVDFab or Webroot. The only thing I noticed is my HDD sounds like its reading and writing
                  constantly. Never had any problems running it until 11.0.0.4. Been using DVDFab and Webroot for years.
                  try this - with the latest version installed, restart your computer in safe mode with networking
                  try starting dvdfab and see if it'll run. you may need to allow an exception to Webroot for dvdfab when running your computer
                  normally.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by october262 View Post

                    try this - with the latest version installed, restart your computer in safe mode with networking
                    try starting dvdfab and see if it'll run. you may need to allow an exception to Webroot for dvdfab when running your computer
                    normally.
                    I tried that and it started. Before I added an exception, I went into WebRoot trying to narrow down what was going on. I found where I could see
                    what it was monitoring. The HDD sounded like that because it was constantly reading and writing "dvdfab_internal.log". I removed "dvdfab_internal.log"
                    so it would regenerate and it would be easier to see what all it was writing in there. When I started DVDFab it just started and ran like normal.

                    I don't know what was wrong but deleting "dvdfab_internal.log" fixed it. I'm just hoping it stays that way.

                    Thanks for helping me out.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X