Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D300
    replied
    Please also offer the offline installer, so we can save the FabExe .
    It should be possibility for us, to return to older versions if new ones have a bug
    allegedly anti-virus programs also make problems

Last edited by D300; 11-15-2018, 09:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fidodkk
    replied
    I have saved old direct links from the old version then just changed version number.

Leave a comment:

• LaciBacsi
    replied
    Thank you fidodkk ! Where did you find those links? I searched and the only link I could find took me to the main download page, which only had links for the installer.

Leave a comment:

• fidodkk
    replied
    Offline Installer

32-Bit

64-Bit

Leave a comment:

• nikalseyn
    replied
    Agreed. This is very disconcerting. I always keep a backup of the two most recent versions if/when I need to re-install from my backup flash drive. To be unable to have this available is not a good idea on the part of DVDFAB. It just makes more work for us if something goes awry.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorJellybean
    replied
    Yes, I much prefer a full offline installer to download and save. One can download the full installer in the update process though.
    Last edited by DoctorJellybean; 11-15-2018, 06:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LaciBacsi
    started a topic DVDFab Installer

DVDFab Installer

I noticed that with DVDFab version 11.0.0.4, the only way to get it is through the installer (or is there another way?). Is this how future versions will also install or will there still be an option to download the actual file where the user can install it, or is this the way it will be in the future? I am assuming the actual file is downloaded to a temp location which is then deleted after installation because I could not find where it download to. BTW, when I ran the installer the first two times (x64 version) it popped up with a message in red letters that it failed. The third time I tried, it installed ok. I hadn't changed anything and each attempt was made right after the other. Perhaps it was a server problem on the other end?

Personally, I like the old method of being able to download and SAVE the actual file. This had allowed me to go back to a prior version in the event there is some bug introduced in the current version, as happens from time to time, and for other troubleshooting options. With direct install only, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this in the future, since it only installs the most current version. So say for example that there is some bug in future version 11.0.0.5, and I want to revert back to 11.0.0.4, I presume I would no longer able to do this, or am I missing something? If this is the only option for now, PLEASE bring back the option for downloading and saving the actual file as it was in the past.

Thank you!

Also, thank you for changing the blurred main screen while focus was given to the scanning box (my eyes thank you too, lol), and thank you for bringing back the 'New Hope' skin! Now if you could just 'tone down' the opening splash screen as, it is a bit "loud" (or give the user the option to not even have it show, as some programs do; IMHO, the older one was much better!). Again, Thank you.

Working...
X