This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customise Aspect Ratio

The function to Customise aspect ratios in the Ripper and Converter modules appears to have been dropped in DVDFab11. In DVDFab10 there was an option under the Info tab to 'Customine' the aspect ratio and a slider to make the adjustment.

This issue was raised with Tech support shortly after DVDFab11 was released and is still missing in the latest release.

It would be much appreciated if the Customisation option and adjustment slider could be added into DVDFab11 Ripper and Converter modules.

Tks and Regards

OK,The 11006 version will fix this.

Best regard, Thx.

Comment

Hi zhuo.jia

The Customise option has been added to the drop-list in DVDFab11.0.0.7, however, the slider to enable the A/R to be changed does not appear. A snapshot from V11 Crop option without the slider (Top) and from V10 Info tab showing the slider attached. Please let me know if I'm missing something as I still cannot see a way to manually customise the A/R without the slider.

Regards Click image for larger version  Name:	Customise Aspect Ratio V11.JPG Views:	1 Size:	39.2 KB ID:	362502
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Customise Aspect Ratio V10.JPG Views:	1 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	362503
      Last edited by Traveller; 11-30-2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Hi Traveller,

The slider you saw in DVDFab 10 is to adjust the ratio of the original movie source, however, this option is not of much use, because DVDFab can always find out the correct ratio of the source, so we removed this option.

In DVDFab 11, this option is no longer available, and I assume the reason you want to get this slider back was due to another bug, see image attached,
        The output preview doesn't show correctly under Video Edit window. It's known and our developers will fix it in next version of DVDFab 11.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	fab 11.png
Views:	879
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	362692

Any feedback, please feel free to input here, thank you.
        Last edited by Mona; 12-04-2018, 04:24 AM. Reason: correct problem status

Comment

Hi Mona

Sorry, your response appears to have changed since originally posted...I was anticipating the Slider returning in V11.0.0.8.

I find the slider to be very useful and I use it constantly in both the Ripper and Converter modules. For example:

- Crop/Auto Crop a video and then alter the A/R to reduce the top/bottom black bars and see a larger image on the TV (stretch the video up/down slightly). This is particularly useful for 3D movies in the S-By-S format.

- Fix the A/R on non-standard video that does not properly fit the screen.

- Repairing/adjusting older video made with different ratios

- Adjusting newer movies made with 'variable' Aspect Ratios

If Ripping, I guess an alternative would be to adjust the A/R numbers in Advances Settings but this is very fiddly (trial and error) and does not work for Conversions. The slider is the best option for both Ripper and Converter modules.

My request had nothing to do with the pre-view screen which, by the way, is still a problem V11.0.0.8.

I'll just stick with V10 and remove V11 that will be useless for me without the adjuster. The slider is probably not an issue for most Fab users.

Regards

Chris C

Last edited by Traveller; 12-14-2018, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Hi Chris, I will pass your message to our product manager.

Comment

Hi Mona

It appears that my request for functionality to change/customise the Aspect Ratio of the original source/output video in DVDFab11 Ripper and Converter modules (as it was in DVDFab9 & DVDFab10) was unsuccessful. Unfortunately, at least for me, this was one of the key functions that led to my purchasing DVDFab which has worked well for many years.

From further testing in DVDFab11.15 it appears there is no other way to customise the Aspect Ratio, or to:
              • Crop Top, Bottom or Side black bars
              • Crop video without adding/increasing Top, Bottom or Side black bars
              • Zoom In after Cropping (increase the actual picture size on screen NOT simply increase the size of the black bars)
              These functions were all supported by the Customise Aspect Ratio and Slide Adjuster in the previous versions.

Please let me know if there is another way to enlarge the ‘picture’ after cropping and reduce/remove the black bars in the DVDFab11 Ripper and Converter Modules. The A/R options in the drop-down list don'’t appear to provide for this and the Keep Aspect Ratio check box doesn’t seem to change anything.

I guess going forward the only option for me will be to:
              • For Conversions: Continue to use DVDFab10
              • For Ripping: Use DVDFab10 until new encryptions are no longer supported. For newer encryptions or to take advantage of any new DVDFab11 functionality, Rip with DVDFab11 and then crop/convert the Aspect Ratio using DVDFab10 Converter or other conversion software.

Please let me know if I am missing something or if there are any other options.

Regards
              Last edited by Traveller; 01-26-2019, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X