Movie: Robots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie: Robots

Is there any way how DVDFab can help with the movie "Robots"?

At least in the German Blu-ray the issue is like this: the main playlist holds like 83 minutes of the movie - but the CREDITS are being played from a different playlist. So when you reach the end of the 83 minutes the disc loads another "movie" which consists of about 6 minutes credits.

When use Blu-ray copy, of course I can get only the 83 minutes or the 6 minutes but not the 89 minutes of the movie together.

I fully understand this is an authoring issue of the original disc and in all the years I have seen no other disc having such an issue.

Still, do you have any ideas what to do?

(yeah, I tried Blu-ray creator and then I can put together the 4 (3+1) different files, but then the 3 files of the main playlist are also separated and you have a "break" when watching and switching from one file to another, so it's also not a satisfying solution)

Hi Hajo, you can give the Merge feature in DVDFab Copy a try.

Comment

Hajo , just a heads-up: Based on my experience with the merge function, it will still create a separate playlist and separate streams for the two files, as if they were two separate titles. It will play the second title (the credits in your case) after the first (main movie) but you will notice a slight pause between the two, so it is not a seamless merge. At least that has been my experience in the past when using the merge function..

Comment

The main movie with the 3 streams is 800(2). When I rip that main mobie I get the streams 849, 834 and 835. Correctly.

Now when I use the Customize feature and add the 800(2) it does not copy the 849 but the 818 which actually is from the 800(1). So customize id not work for me.

Then as you prompose I tried the Merge feature. It does copy the right files - but the files are smaller than they are on the original and than they are in Main Movie or customize. WHY?

I also made one more approach ... I used anotherprogram to merge 849, 834 and 835 into one file, then used DVDFab Creator Feature to merke my new file together with the 821 (credits) - but then the subtitles won't display. Even if I force them. Crazy.

So nothing what I tried worked so far. So many bugs on one and the same Blu-ray disc ... this is unbelievable

What now?

Comment

Maybe to add this info: when I use Merge (where DVDFab shrinks the size althought I even allow 50 GB) the subtitles work correctly.

Yes, of course there is the small delay when changing from the main movie to the credits, exactly, but this is the same behavior like on the original disc.

So my only problem is: why the hell does DVDFab shrink in Merge??

Comment

Originally posted by Hajo View Post
            Maybe to add this info: when I use Merge (where DVDFab shrinks the size althought I even allow 50 GB) the subtitles work correctly.

Yes, of course there is the small delay when changing from the main movie to the credits, exactly, but this is the same behavior like on the original disc.

So my only problem is: why the hell does DVDFab shrink in Merge??
            have you tried the clone mode option ??
            clone is the exact copy of the original disc and doesn't compress - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tutorial/Blu-ray-to-Blu-ray-Clone
            and this should apply to the merge function also - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...e-vs-full-disc
            read post #4

Comment

Hmm, I don't understand. I do not want to clone. I have cloned/copies the full disc already. Now I want to extract only the main movie, which consists of two parts. So I need to use Customize or Merge.

In Merge, it shows me just half of the size of the original file. In Customize it shoes correctly.

But Customize = program uses wrong m2ts files and Merge = files get shrinked.

Comment

I still hope someone can help me

Comment

In Merge, it shows me just half of the size of the original file. In Customize it shoes correctly.
                  UPDATE: the Merge mode will recode the movie, so the size will be smaller.

Comment

Working...
                  X