Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What conditions aren't compatible with Lightning shrink?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What conditions aren't compatible with Lightning shrink?

I've been enjoying pretty quick transcoding times converting Blu Ray TV shows to H.265 using GPU acceleration - I'm typically getting conversions in the 500-600fps range.

Recently, however I came across a set of disks that don't appear to be using lightning shrink, and I wonder how common this is?

With this show, It says CUDA GPU acceleration for video decoding enabled, but it does not say lightning encoding. FPS on this is in the low 30fps and appears to be using the CPU.

Is there anything I can do to enable lightning shrink for this title?

It's a kids cartoon called Legend of Korra - Oddly, season 1 was fine, but season 2 is not, both are from the same Blu ray set. (I haven't tried season 3-4 yet)

I went back and tried a different disk I did yesterday and it was still quick - is there any kind of weekly cap on how many titles you can use lightning shrink on?

Thanks!

1st- try checking for a driver update for your graphics card
    and see if that helps.
    also please post the dvdfab internal log files for this disc.

Comment

Thanks October!

Video driver is one release back, the one from December 2018 (nvidia)

It's working on other titles, (Tried another just now and hit 639FPS) so It's likely the specific title/season I am trying to convert.

I'll have to dig up the title specific files and open a case with support.

Also,
      In case this is a factor,
      I use two computers
      - the first one has an internal BD drive and I use the copy module to copy the BD to an ISO which is stored directly on a synology server.
      - the second one has a fast video card (but no optical drive) - On that computer I drag the ISO file from the synology into fab and use the Ripper module to convert TV episodes to H265.

The above setup has worked for many other titles.

Comment

It's a kids cartoon called Legend of Korra - Oddly, season 1 was fine, but season 2 is not, both are from the same Blu ray set. (I haven't tried season 3-4 yet)
        The lightning shrink only enable when it is applicable.

Please post the dvdfab_internal.log file, also, please attach the BDinfo of the disc. The default location for BDinfo is:
        C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\DVDFab11\BDInfo

Comment

Working...
        X