Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray BDMV Folder size more than 50GB

Hi,
    I've been using DVDFab for a long time with DVDs but only recently started using it for BluRays.
    For the most part I'm fine but on a few discs I've had an issue. The discs in question are Spiderman Homecoming 3D, Thor Ragnarok 3D and AntMan and the Wasp 3D.

When I look at the properties of the BDMV folder on the original discs it is approximately 80 GB, obviously something screwy.
    If I do a full disc copy (no compression) to an ISO file in DVDFab it creates an ISO that will burn to a 50GB blank yet the copies BDMV folder also says it is 80GB. So whatever was on the original has been successfully copied to the ISO.
    However, if I do full disc copy (no compression) to a folder; the resulting BDMV folder is only 40GB. With some checking I find that the ISO file and the original disc have files in the \BDMV\STREAM\SSIF directory yet this is blank in the Copy to folder copy.
    Is this some sort of copy protection that DVDFab remediates for us? And could I just use the Copy to folder results to burn my own ISO? (I like to put scans of my discs and cover in the root directory of my backups, hence the burn to ISO isn't quite right for me)

Also the original discs had some extra folders that were copied over but renamed (AACS, PS3_UPDATE, and PS3_VPRM). Given I don't use a PS3 is this something I need to worry about?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by gilgamesh-aus View Post
    Hi,
    I've been using DVDFab for a long time with DVDs but only recently started using it for BluRays.
    For the most part I'm fine but on a few discs I've had an issue. The discs in question are Spiderman Homecoming 3D, Thor Ragnarok 3D and AntMan and the Wasp 3D.

When I look at the properties of the BDMV folder on the original discs it is approximately 80 GB, obviously something screwy.
    If I do a full disc copy (no compression) to an ISO file in DVDFab it creates an ISO that will burn to a 50GB blank yet the copies BDMV folder also says it is 80GB. So whatever was on the original has been successfully copied to the ISO.
    However, if I do full disc copy (no compression) to a folder; the resulting BDMV folder is only 40GB. With some checking I find that the ISO file and the original disc have files in the \BDMV\STREAM\SSIF directory yet this is blank in the Copy to folder copy.
    Is this some sort of copy protection that DVDFab remediates for us? And could I just use the Copy to folder results to burn my own ISO? (I like to put scans of my discs and cover in the root directory of my backups, hence the burn to ISO isn't quite right for me)

Also the original discs had some extra folders that were copied over but renamed (AACS, PS3_UPDATE, and PS3_VPRM). Given I don't use a PS3 is this something I need to worry about?

Thanks in advance
    1. If you need play the copied folder, please use DVDFab Virtual Drive (https://www.dvdfab.cn/free.htm?trackID=navmenu) to mount the mini.iso, then play;
    2. If you want to burn:
    1>. If it is already a copied folder, please load it into Copy option > Burn mode, output it as a ISO file then burn or directly burn to a blank disc;
    2>. If it is the original 3D movie disc, please use Copy option > Full Disc mode, output it as a ISO file then burn or directly burn to a blank disc.

Comment

Working...
    X