Running DVDFab x64 with WINE under Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Running DVDFab x64 with WINE under Linux

As there is no native linux version any more, I am happy to inform you, that using the WINE versions > 4.3 (actually only available in development branch or via playonlinux 4.3.4), you can run DVDFab in 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Some things do not actually work as expected, so for the moment the graphics card is not recognized and therefore only software de- and en-coding is possible, but you can access and rip your disks and will be able to do authoring as well. Using the WINDOWS version. Not working yet too is the UHD tool as it does not correctly recognize the SATA port, but many parts are running!

And for DVDFab staff - why don't you try to get in touch with winehq.org for optimizing the windows versions of DVDFab for also running on Linux using the free software wine (which is included in many distros nowadays). This would save you from doing an extra linux version but gives you potentially users which do not use Windows at all but who would buy your software for running via wine on Linux?! Think about it!

Actual status as tested on linux can be found here: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManag...sion&iId=37556

BTW, if anyone reading this needs help while trying to use it with Wine on Linux, please let me know. If anyone has found a hint on getting GPU and SATA port to work as well, please let me know!

Comment

Working...
    X