Read errors after latest download vs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Read errors after latest download vs.

I have been unable to backup the last 2 BD movies (latest one is Suicide Squad). I have 2 Pioneer BDR burners 207 and 209 bdk. They would not read or write in either one. I get read errors
    when analizing at 21% and the once as far as 51%. I have been backing up with these Pioneer BD burners until the last 2 times that I downloaded current versions.
    I even tried deleting the software and reloading it and it did not correct the problem.

Current vs is 11.0.6.3 in presently loaded on my computer.

Notice I am not the only people reporting this problem.

Thanks
    Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the trouble, there is currently a known issue with Blu-ray reading. The problem will be fixed in the coming version, please wait for the update.
    For now, you can bypass the read error issue by renaming the fabprocess.exe. Please go to where you install DVDFab and find the .exe file and rename it. Thanks.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rename fab process.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	375638

Comment

Mona, I went to C: Program Files DVDFab 11……..This file is shown only as Fabprocess (does not have a .exe). I changed it to Fabprocess1 . Retried to back up the movie and it
      got to 50% and no further. What did I do wrong?

Comment

I removed DVDFab via control panel / restarted the computer and downloaded 11.0.4.3. I then completely shut the computer down and drained all energy from the computer but unplugging the power cord and holding in the off/on computer switch.

I restarted computer and installed the 11.0.4.3. version. Tried to back up the BD disc and it was still the same. Would not analyze or process it. The power light just kept on blinking on the
        BD writer.

I then removed the movie disc and inserted a BD movie that I had previously backed up via BDFab a month ago. Previously backed up disc worked perfectly making an exact copy of it.

This has happened with the last two movies I have tried to back up. Something is wrong that will not let me analyze or process a BD movie that has not already been backed up via DVDFab.

Any idea what is wrong? If 11.0.4.3 won't do it,something must be wrong in the program on my computer.

Looks like even waiting for the next version is not going to correct it. I don't know how to download DVDFab 10 to see if that will work.

Thanks
        Tom

Comment

Hope this gets solved soon.

Comment

Please update to v11.0.6.4 to try again. If still get read error, please post dvdfab_internal.log file, thanks.

Comment

Mona, I am attaching the dvfab 11.0.6.4 internal log file. There is also a internal file included in this for earlier vs. that would not work either.

While trying to back up the movie with 11.0.6.4 the analyzing of the disc hung at 23 % and would not go any futher. I would not even give me the failed to read files warning. I had to do a
              control, alternate, delete to exit the software.

What else do you need me to do. If I need to completely remove this software from my computer, how do I do that. I think maybe something could be wrong in the registry that is causing the
              problem.. Would deleting it from the registry completely and reinstalling the current software correct the problem. If so how do I do that.

Please advise. I have been a lifetime member of your software for years and need to get it operating.

Thanks for your help
              Tom

Comment

Hi Tom, the developer said that there was a temporary server issue which could cause read error on BD movies, so please kindly try again, if still get the same error, it could be that the disc is scratched or something like that.
                Anyway, if after retry, still no changes, please kindly check and post the dvdfab_internal.log file as I do not see your log file in the latest post. Thanks.

Comment

I did what you said and installed the latest vs of DVDFab 11. I tried to back up the movie again. It completely 100% analyzed the disc and started to copy. I left my machine copying because I had to go to the doctor. When I got back the copy process line had turned to all red and said failed error=10.

I could not cancel out the software. I did a control/alternate/delete to get task manager and clicked on DVDFab. Got software not responding message.

Ihad to shut down my computer.

I bought a different DVD movie of another title. When it gets here I will attempt to back it up and try again. I will then post the dvdinternal.log file so you can see why this is happening.

i have 2 Pioneer DVD burners that I use to read from one and copy to the other. It is very unusual that both fail to work. I get same problem if I read from F to G OR G to F.

Tom

Comment

Mona, I have copied everything in my dvdfabinternal log. Would you be so kind to look it over and see if you see anything that could help solve my problem?

Everything will be greatly appreciated. dvdfab_internal.log

Comment

Originally posted by TGMcCallie View Post
                      Mona, I have copied everything in my dvdfabinternal log. Would you be so kind to look it over and see if you see anything that could help solve my problem?

Everything will be greatly appreciated. [ATTACH]n376338[/ATTACH]
                      Issue on BD SUICIDE_SQUAD is fixed, please kindly try again. Thanks.

Comment

Mona, I am completely confused with this read/write error. Now I have the latest edition of DVDFab 64. I have tried 2 brand new retail copies of BD Suicide Squad and now neither one of my
                        Pioneer BD writers will read or write the disc. I get the "Reading/Writing Error Control window" asks me to check for cracks etc.

One BD Driver is BD Pioneer BDR-209D Other is BDR 209M which a BDXL. I have changed the DVFab software source from one to the other and neither one will read the disc.
                        I have sent you the log as requested.

Any help you can give me or suggestions from anyone that might help.

I dont want to replace my burners and then find out the new ones will not work either. They are expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by TGMcCallie View Post
                          Mona, I am completely confused with this read/write error. Now I have the latest edition of DVDFab 64. I have tried 2 brand new retail copies of BD Suicide Squad and now neither one of my
                          Pioneer BD writers will read or write the disc. I get the "Reading/Writing Error Control window" asks me to check for cracks etc.

One BD Driver is BD Pioneer BDR-209D Other is BDR 209M which a BDXL. I have changed the DVFab software source from one to the other and neither one will read the disc.
                          I have sent you the log as requested.

Any help you can give me or suggestions from anyone that might help.

I dont want to replace my burners and then find out the new ones will not work either. They are expensive.
                          try uninstalling both dvd drives, restart your computer and let windows reinstall the drives.

Comment

@TGMcCallie , please try what october262 suggested in post #13. If still have problem, we can access your PC to help you check it out. You can contact me via PM regarding the remote access to your PC. Thanks.

Comment

:@ TGMcCallie
                              Your Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 firmware is 4 versions out of date go here to update it https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pro...D-Graphics-630
                              Then try again with latest Fab version.
                              Merry Xmas to all.

Comment

Working...
                              X