DVDFab 11.0.6.5 64-bit UI locked up on Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 11.0.6.5 64-bit UI locked up on Windows 10

I have been having problems with DVDFab 11 64-bit on Windows 10 Home ever since version 11 came out (I did not use version 10 on Windows 10).

In short, the UI "locks up" and becomes unresponsive after a short period of having the program open. Once this happens, the UI does not respond to any buttons; when I move the mouse over the "X" in the upper right for window close, it does not highlight - I cannot even use the window titlebar to drag the window. If I click on the DVDFab icon in the taskbar, sometimes the main window will get refreshed with my latest click (i.e. if I drag the titlebar, the window move will get updated) but I still cannot fully use the program.

This all happened when DVDFab 11 first came out. I finally gave up and stopped using it. Recently after updating my PC to the latest version of Windows 10, I tried DVDFab 11 again, and it seemed to be working fine. After that, I installed several software packages, and now it is back to having the same problems again.

There is a good chance that this is a conflict with some system files that got updated from my other software installs. However, I don't know how to begin troubleshooting this. The DVDFab log file doesn't show anything out of the ordinary when the lock-up occurs. Is there other information earlier in the log file that might be helpful?

This is very irritating as I would like to be able to use DVDFab11 on my Windows 64-bit system. Please advise on next steps for troubleshooting.

Sorry that you are having an issue with the latest DVDFab 11.
    1. Please check if there is driver update available for your graphics card, do the update first.
    2. Run DVDFab as administrator.
    3. If still have problem, please do attach the dvdfab_internal.log file and fabcheck_internal.log file. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X