Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I rip with intermittent subtitles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I rip with intermittent subtitles?

Some movies, like Hunt for Red October, The Godfather Part II, etc. are English throughout most of the film but switch back and forth to another language. In the original release and when watching the blu ray movie, the proper English subtitles come up during the foreign language parts and disappear when the film switches back to English. How can I achieve this in DVDFab? I can either have the entire film with subtitles or no subtitles at all.

Great question! The Hunt for Red October is a great example. Star Trek III is another one that drives me crazy during the Klingon sections. I have to turn on Subs and then off again,

Comment

If you playback the original movie title and disable Subtitle, do you still have those "English subtitles come up during the foreign language parts"? If yes, those are forced subtitles, and you just need to pick the correct subtitle stream for the conversion, then you shall have the English sub for foreign language parts. Please preview the source to find out which is the subtitle stream you need first.

Comment

Working...
      X