Subtitle question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitle question

I am creating my MKV Files and have the subtitles Muxed I believe.. (I can't seem to modify the profiles anymore where i can set it)
    If I play it in Power DVD, I can turn the Sub on, and able to see if.
    But If I play the file on my ROKU and turn the subs on, it will not show.
    Do I need to use a different setting?

Edit: found the setting. I use Remux Into File with PGS Subtitle.

Is there something else that I need to choose then?
    Last edited by pka4916; 03-21-2020, 06:41 PM.

Seems like only Remux and SRT Subtitle works. for it. so idk why all the other ones are not working ?
    it's a pain to get the follow up screen to confirm all the errors or text changes..

Comment

Seems like the SRT subtitle is being downloaded from the web.. Are those official ones?
      Still don't understand why the other subtitles are not working for me on my Roku TV. it works in PowerDVD..

Any suggestions are appreciated
      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by pka4916 View Post
        Seems like the SRT subtitle is being downloaded from the web.. Are those official ones?
        Still don't understand why the other subtitles are not working for me on my Roku TV. it works in PowerDVD..

Any suggestions are appreciated
        Thank you.
        Hi,I would suggest that you check what kind of subtitle your Roku TV supports first.
        When you choose "extract to SRT" while outputting to MKV, those subtitles are extracted from the movie disc, not downloaded from the web.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hi,I would suggest that you check what kind of subtitle your Roku TV supports first.
          When you choose "extract to SRT" while outputting to MKV, those subtitles are extracted from the movie disc, not downloaded from the web.
          Thank you.
          Guess the warning got me confused, and that editor keeps coming up for making changes.. That's why

It seems that only this way it's working.

btw. Is there a way to always accept the subtitles so I don't need to confirm it?
          And last. (I posted this in a new thread)

When using the SRT option, it till be the final tmp file that contains them. Why can't the original file not be deleted and then renaming the temp file?

I noticed that DVDFab is locking some of the files, and can't delete then, I need to do a full reboot of my system.

Comment

Originally posted by pka4916 View Post

btw. Is there a way to always accept the subtitles so I don't need to confirm it?
            And last. (I posted this in a new thread)

When using the SRT option, it till be the final tmp file that contains them. Why can't the original file not be deleted and then renaming the temp file?

I noticed that DVDFab is locking some of the files, and can't delete then, I need to do a full reboot of my system.
            Do you mean skipping the srt verification window? You can set it to skip in Common Settings panel.

Click image for larger version

Name:	skip srt verification.png
Views:	265
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	379886

The file name issue you reported in the other post has been passed to the developer, and it will be corrected soon.

Comment

aah thank you so much

Comment

Working...
              X