Files being locked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Files being locked

I've noticed if I use the Ripper, that after I close it, all the files are still in use by windows, and I can't delete or even rename the new files.
    Always need to reboot.

Don't recall having ever a problem with this, but it seems ln the last 4-5 updates that this is always happening.

Anyone else this problem, and even better, can this be fixed?

Thanks

Please provide us more information like which profile and what settings so that we can follow you steps to repeat the process. dvdfab_internal log file is also needed, thanks.

Comment

Hi,
      I think this has to do with the other Thread I had open, where the "Ripper" is creating an extra TMP file with the end result if you use sub titles. and not making a permanent new file, and removing the old files.
      That's when it's happening.

Profile = H265 with Remux Subtitles and set to SRT Subs.
      So if a movie is called movie1
      and I rip it from Blueray or dvd, I get
      Movie1.mkv
      movie1.sub.srt
      mobie1.temp.mkv

the temp one is the final file.
      but even if I close DVDFab, the files keep staying locked until I reboot. Sometimes it works, but most of the time from the 5 movies I do in a row 1-2 are hving this problem.

Included the log, if it helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

I see, I will have the developer check, thanks for the info.

Comment

In our tests, only when the output files were opened by other program like software player, we cannot rename or delete the file, please try again. Normally when you try to delete the file, it should popup some sort of message like "the file is open in DVDFab Player 6, blabla..".

Comment

That's not the case. I will install a tool that will see who keeps locking those files.. I will report back later on.
            I am more frustrated with the other major issue, that I have (See the other thread I posted and PM'd you about)

Thank you

Comment

Working...
            X