Ripping with same profile file size tripled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripping with same profile file size tripled

Not sure what happened, but about 5 previous updates.
    I have my own customized profile, and my output was 3.2 Gb for a 100 Min movie.
    But now it's around 9 gb for the same movie and conversion.

Did something change? I was reading that the output was changed, but I am using my own profile, which is still the same..
    So I'm guessing something else changed?

Also seeing large file sizes after updating to 9.2 and 9.3.

I don't have the time to reinstall older firmwares and compare file sizes.
    I'm not positive, but it looks like they changed the Bits/Pixel setting.
    I thought High Quality was .15, but now it's .24.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on what changed.

Comment

I tossed my old versions... but sounds like I need to keep them.. Maybe I have it on a drive backup.. then i can check it.
      But since I had my own profile, you would think, that that won't change.

Comment

Bits/Pixel were changed with a recent version, https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ze-ripping-mkv.

Asked Mona in same post to see what those changes actually were and when they were made.
        Looks like they just upped Fast to Standard, Standard to High, and High to Ultra.
        So if you were using High, use Standard on the new version.

Comment

Originally posted by FQs19 View Post
          Bits/Pixel were changed with a recent version, https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ze-ripping-mkv.

Asked Mona in same post to see what those changes actually were and when they were made.
          Looks like they just upped Fast to Standard, Standard to High, and High to Ultra.
          So if you were using High, use Standard on the new version.
          Hi,

You are right, the old Standard is the new fast, the old High Quality is the new Standard, and re-set the High Quality, so to use the Standard in the new version is OK

Thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Hi,

You are right, the old Standard is the new fast, the old High Quality is the new Standard, and re-set the High Quality, so to use the Standard in the new version is OK

Thanks!

Wilson
            Thank you for verifying that.
            Hopefully any changes like this will be communicated in the changelog since it affects both video quality and file size.

Comment

The problem started with Version 10.0.9.0 someone have made maybe a typo the HIGH profile should be quality 0.1 but it is 0.25 the same goes for standard and fast. I hope with the next release you fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by KOR View Post
                The problem started with Version 10.0.9.0 someone have made maybe a typo the HIGH profile should be quality 0.1 but it is 0.25 the same goes for standard and fast. I hope with the next release you fix the problem.
                In the new versions, we have improved the algorithms of output bitrate, Fast (previous Standard), Standard (previous High Quality) and High Quality (newly added).

Comment

Working...
                X