Ejects DVD after a reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ejects DVD after a reboot

I have DVDFab on two systems both running Windows 10 with all the latest updates and a LG WH16NS40 BluRay drive install in each system. The one system always ejects a DVD after a system reboot. After the initial rejection all is well. The second system does not have this problem. The Popup message I get from DVDFab via File Manger is "Insert a disc", "Please insert a disc in drive K:", Help me choose a disc". Once I cancel the Popup it does not happen again until I reboot the system. I do not get this message on either system when a BluRay disc is inserted in the drive. I've tried to compare the DVDFab settings but can't find any differences between the tow systems. Need a little help.
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

I must have been half asleep when I entered the above post. I should have said that Windows does not have a problem with DVD's. It is only when I start up DVDFab after a cold boot that I get the Popup and the DVD gets ejected. I can load a DVD in both systems and start VLC Player and everything works as advertised. There is something in DVDFab on the one system that is causing the DVD to eject the first time DVDFab is started after booting the system. One other piece of information - the problem machine is an X470 ASRock MB/3900X and the other machine has a MSI X570 Meg MB/3800X. Any ideas would be appreciated. Not a major problem just annoying.
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Comment

you might try clicking common settings - drives - read - check "do not eject source disc when task finishes"

Comment

Originally posted by Ken429 View Post
        I must have been half asleep when I entered the above post. I should have said that Windows does not have a problem with DVD's. It is only when I start up DVDFab after a cold boot that I get the Popup and the DVD gets ejected. I can load a DVD in both systems and start VLC Player and everything works as advertised. There is something in DVDFab on the one system that is causing the DVD to eject the first time DVDFab is started after booting the system. One other piece of information - the problem machine is an X470 ASRock MB/3900X and the other machine has a MSI X570 Meg MB/3800X. Any ideas would be appreciated. Not a major problem just annoying.
        Just a thought, while playback the disc using VLC, start up DVDFab, will DVDFab detect and load the disc well?

Or try to connect the drive to a different USB port?

Comment

october262,
          Checking "do not eject disc when task finishes" made the initial eject message go away on the ASRock X470 system. I also had the same issue on an ASUS ROG X470 system. That too was "fixed" when I checked the do not eject option. Seems strange that the MSI MEG X570 MB based system does not need the "fix"! Could it be something with the X470 BIOS?

Mona,
          All of the Burners are connected via a SATA port. It would appear based on above comment that DVDFab has some kind of bug that causes it to want to eject DVD's (and not BluRay's) when the "do not eject disc when task finishes" is left unchecked - DVDFab default. So until the problem is fixed I have a choice get the eject popup one time on DVD's after a reboot or always don't eject disc when finished! Easy choice. Any other ideas?

Comment

Hello Ken429, thanks for the update. We need more information to help duplicate it.
            Please send us your dvdfab_internal and fabcheck_internal log file from the computer that encounters the issue.

Comment

Mona,
              Here you go.
              Attached Files

Comment

Now I do have a serious problem. For some reason the machine I used to send you the Log Files has lost it's ability to select a disk drive - the icon went away! I think it happened when it asked to update and I selected later. Anyway, what is the best way to get it back to normal? I've tried all the obvious stuff short of uninstalling and re-installing. Help needed.
                Attached Files

Comment

Now I do have a serious problem. For some reason the machine I used to send you the Log Files has lost it's ability to select a disk drive - the icon went away! I think it happened when it asked to update and I selected later. Anyway, what is the best way to get it back to normal? I've tried all the obvious stuff short of uninstalling and re-installing. Help needed.
                  try clicking common settings - general settings - click the factory default settings button in the lower left
                  corner of the general settings area. restart dvdfab and see if you are able to select your drives

Comment

october262,
                    Clicking the Default button and restarting DVDFab did not fix the problem - still no folders icon. Any other ideas?

Comment

october262,
                      Clicking the Default button and restarting DVDFab did not fix the problem - still no folders icon. Any other ideas?
                      try downloading the offline installer and reinstall dvdfab

Comment

That's the first thing I tried. It had no effect. I'm about ready to restore the whole @#$% system from a week ago. I'm sure that will fix the problem but it sure would be nice to understand what specifically got screwed up. Oh well, another DVDFab mystery.

Comment

october262,
                          Hello Ken, you were using Clone mode, so there is no folder icon, please switch to Full Disc or Main Movie mode.

Comment

Mona,
                            Do I feel stupid!! The mode must have been changed when I cancelled the update? I've never used anything other than Full Disk and Main Movie. Over the weekend I actually restored the system to "Fix" the "Problem". I'm one of those who backup systems early and often. Oh well, I learned something - I'll try using Clone.

Other issue, did I send the correct stuff to investigate the DVD eject problem?

Comment

Other issue, did I send the correct stuff to investigate the DVD eject problem?
                              I have passed the log files to our developers. They are trying to duplicate it, so far they cannot.

Comment

Working...
                              X