Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVDFab v11.1.0.1 (Win) REFUSE to start (screenshots)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v11.1.0.1 (Win) REFUSE to start (screenshots)

Doesnt start nomatter what i do

ASUS Strix ROG z390-F Gaming
    Intel Core i9 9900K
    2 x ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 SLI
    Samsung SSD

Just hangs at splash screen, tried to reinstall but no luck

Watch the CLOCK down to the right:

03:54

03:56

03:58

04:01

PLEASE HELP

DVDFab failed to start all of a sudden? Did you have this issue with the previous version of DVDFab?
    Please completely remove DVDFab 11 including its folder under Documents to try again.
    If still have a problem, please send us the latest dvdfab_internal.log and fabcheck_internal.log for troubleshooting, the default location for DVDFab log file is:
    C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab11\Log

Comment

Deleted AAAAALL DVDFab folders incl registry with uninstaller software... same... and same with .2 today

Comment

stuck at accessing server information, tried with AV + FW off... NO luck

Comment

Please try to add DVDFab to the whitelist of the antivirus software to try again and see the result.
          You may also try to temporarily disable the antivirus software or firewall to have a try.

If still have a problem, please send us the log files.

Comment

vill try AV whitelist

Good news for old pc owners, a i7 cpu with single gtx 1080 = 1.47 FPS , a i9 with SLI rtx 2080 = 1.44 FPS, seems the older pc the faster it goes. Im clueless

big minus point in my book

Comment

seems dvdfab cant utilize RTX cards memory. 1080 GTX = 98% utilized. RTX 2080 =24% utilized (max over 10 runs = 30%). Some bug? some recoding needed?

Comment

Or SLI bugges out the program with RTX cards. does not report 16 mem only 8 so it uses 1 cards mem and cant utilize it properly.

Comment

I keep getting a screen that says " Failed to create directory". I never had this problem before until this update. What is going on?

Comment

Have tried whitelist in AV, disable AV/FW, reinstall (and remove any folder even reminfing of the name dvdfab + used uninstaller program), reinstall and all you can imagine. Still average time for startup 10-15 minutes.

Also still utilixe max 25% of mem in RTX 2080, but 99% in GTX 1080. I do my encodes in my 3 year old machine instead of my high end new pc. Goes faster in the old one.

SUXXXXX

PS:Problem from 1.01- 3 so still going on
                    Last edited by Prezton; 08-18-2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prezton View Post
                      Have tried whitelist in AV, disable AV/FW, reinstall (and remove any folder even reminfing of the name dvdfab + used uninstaller program), reinstall and all you can imagine. Still average time for startup 10-15 minutes.

Also still utilixe max 25% of mem in RTX 2080, but 99% in GTX 1080. I do my encodes in my 3 year old machine instead of my high end new pc. Goes faster in the old one.

SUXXXXX

PS:Problem from 1.01- 3 so still going on
                      Please refer to this post to send log file and paste the feedback ID: DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly

Comment

Originally posted by sweeteresa View Post
                        I keep getting a screen that says " Failed to create directory". I never had this problem before until this update. What is going on?
                        Hello, your issue is different from the topic, please start a new one in the future.

Regarding this "Failed to create directory", this failure is normally caused by insufficient hard drive space or lack of folder permissions. Please try:

1. Run DVDFab as administrator;
                        2. Change the Save To target from default drive C: to other drives like drive D:;
                        3. In DVDFab "Common Settings > General > General" panel change the Temporary Directory to other drive if you are doing Copy.
                        4. If none of the above works, uninstall and then reinstall DVDFab to try again.

If still have problem, please start a new thread and post your dvdfab_internal log file for addressing the issue, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          Please refer to this post to send log file and paste the feedback ID: DVDFab Forum - Log Files Help Our Developers Troubleshoot Your Problems Quickly
                          i DONT bother sending logs anymore, i have sent 100:eds of logs for software issues, specific disc issues etc, and you cant even grant me store credit for the double account you made me buy to be able to use on 2 machines at once, instead of just 5 keys for 30$. I basically lost 4-600$ on making dupe accounts, and even if you did not have the "extra key" system back then and now say its to late (apparently the software has developed fungus) there is something called retroactive compensation. And for such a big company that makes so much money i think its very cheap off you not to even give me store credit. So NO dont ask me for any help. I helped you the first several years, now i instead tell others how the reality is. And the reality is your software are far behind 1. the RTX series and 2. SLI systems memory merge.. 1 GTX 1080 with i7 CPU gives same (often better results than 2 RTX 2080 in SLI with an i9 9900K CPU. If im gonna help anyone its my fellow friends and customers and take photos of the terrible utilization of modern components.

Stay tuned fellow users:

Comment

Working...
                          X