X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] No MetaData Writing to the File Itself

Hi,

I searched and only found one other answer - but I'm not sure the question is the same.

When ripping say, a new TV series disc, the output file (MP4 in this case) has metadata filled in; normally with something like Eureka.Title.13 or something similar.

The other response was "turn off metadata lookups" essentially; which isn't what I want to do. I want file naming and meta lookup information.

What I don't want is for each file ripped to have the metadata set within the file itself.

Can we separate file name from metadata creation?

I hope this makes sense.

I also tried completely disabling Meta; under Settings-> General->Meta.

This doesn't stop DVDFab from taking the "title" and attaching it to the file as metadata.

Comment

Hello, you can manually change the title name before you start the conversion.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	change file.png
Views:	429
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	384635

Comment

Right, but I don't always know what it is going to be named until AFTER I rip. The "preview" system is clunky and slow. It is far faster to rip the whole disc then go through the pieces and rename them (or delete if they are junk/fillers). I rip a lot of TV and a lot of "extras" on movies; that means I could potentially sit and have to fight the "preview" system for dozens of files before I even rip.

If there was a simple way to remove the metadata without rewriting a whole new copy to the drive, I'd take that route; but as of now - asking for this feature is my only recourse.

I'd prefer a check box that says "do not inject metadata into file". Seems (at least) like a pretty simple, easy feature to add.

Comment

Please go to DVDFab Common Settings window to change the output file name:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	屏幕快照 2020-08-19 上午11.14.49.png
Views:	397
Size:	382.4 KB
ID:	384711

Comment

What do I change it to in order to prevent it from injecting it into the file's metadata?

Comment

Originally posted by darkuni View Post
              What do I change it to in order to prevent it from injecting it into the file's metadata?
              I‘ve confirmed with the product designer, that is not supported. We will take this as a feature request and will implement it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

I‘ve confirmed with the product designer, that is not supported. We will take this as a feature request and will implement it in the future.
                Perfect. Tell them that these tags often cause Plex Media Server to automatically create "Collections" and it is a real pain to go back and clear them off all time

Comment

It's fixed,please kindly update to the latest version to try again.

Comment

Awesome! Just took a peek and it looks like it works as intended.

Thank you for this.

Comment

Working...
                    X