Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advertising Popups DVDfab 12 - Really? -.-

Hello,

My native language is not Englisch. - Please understand, if a have some problems writing here.

I have a liftime License for DVDfab All-in-One (DVDFab All-In-One Lifetime Gift * 1)

I'm really upset about the many advertisement and Popups in DVDfab. - Are you kidding me?

If i try to block the communication to the dvdfab Servers (With Pi-Hole DNS Server), the Program does not work, because it needs to check the
    license. I have not paid 192 €, to see these f***ing Popups and something else!

This is really anaughtiness! - Can you stop this?

Thank you ! :-/

I agree, it is a slightly annoying, but I have other paid programs installed that have similar actions promoting their products. Not all that big of a deal really. Simple solution : One click closes the promotional ad(s).

Comment

This practice (done by some software vendors) is not just annoying. It is intrusive. Unfortunately, vendors know they have a captive audience, so they will continue to take your money and force unwanted advertisement on you.

I applaud the vendors who provide a setting in their software to disable the advertising.

Comment

We haven't bought the lifetime advertising !!

Comment

I thought the embedded ads at the bottom of the DVDFab window were annoying, but tolerable. But now a new window popping up? That's getting ridiculous on a paid product.

Comment

Hi guys, thank you for your feedback, we will reconsider this part.

Comment

I realize this is a 10 day old post but I just upgraded from 11 to 12 and came here looking for a way to turn off the popup. I have also paid for a Lifetime License and am not happy at all about the popup ad at startup. If you want to have it, you should have an option to turn it off or only show in the trial version. Like others have said I did not buy a lifetime license to ads.

Please add an option to disable this ASAP.

Comment

This annoying process is part of an application called "QtWebEngineProcess.exe". rename it and the DVD application will not work. Rename the corresponding DLL and same results. An option in future releases should be created to allow users to turn off banner. Seriously your product speaks for itself and if we would need to purchase additional applications then we do know where to go to get them and should not be forced to see ads every time we go into DVDFab products.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle810 View Post
                  We haven't bought the lifetime advertising !!
                  I agree!
                  Wink Dinkerson PhD.

Comment

I agree as well this article s well said

Comment

I agree as well with this article well said we don’t need all this advertisement the product speaks for it self

Comment

Am I living on a different planet? I have a lifetime licence to three DvdFab products. I never see pop ups after launching the product. Weird. Usually promotion banner at the bottom, which doesn't bother me at all. I understand the frustration though. Paid programs should not force users to see intrusive ads.

Comment

I agree with what has been stated above. I've paid for a lifetime subscription for all of the DVDFab products that I use. Having to close this full-size advertisement upon launch is ridiculous. This is not shareware; I've already paid. DVDFab, stop insulting your customers. I'm thinking about reverting to DVDFab 11, until this is fixed/removed in DVDFab 12.

Comment

Originally posted by skoy View Post
                            Am I living on a different planet? I have a lifetime licence to three DvdFab products. I never see pop ups after launching the product. Weird. Usually promotion banner at the bottom, which doesn't bother me at all. I understand the frustration though. Paid programs should not force users to see intrusive ads.
                            Are you using DVDFab 12? The latest version of 12? It did not do this in DVDFab 11. I just started using 12 recently, so I'm not sure if this is in all versions of DVDFab 12 or just the more recent versions. The first post of this thread is from 12/9, so it's been happening since at least then.

On my machine, it does the full-size pop-up upon launch every other time that DVDFab is launched (so 50% of the time). Here's what it looks like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfab12.png
Views:	662
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	388978
                            Last edited by Peter_A; 01-16-2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X