No announcement yet.

DVDFab service reps again fail to address decryption problem with Fox BD disks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab service reps again fail to address decryption problem with Fox BD disks

I have written about this several times before. All BD disks by Fox Home Video will not decrypt. My LG standalone player will play the original disk. When using DVDFab 11 and now 12, the disk produced will not play in standalone. Just a black screen and will not read. Counter does not advance, stays at 0000. See attached image

I haven't had any particular issues with Fox titles.
    I have the 2 titles referenced in the linked thread, but have not had any occasion to decrypt either one of these titles as I recall.
    "The Sound Of Music" - catalog 2267292
    "The Robe" - catalog #2257008
    I am willing to do any testing or experimenting that might assist in addressing Gondorff's issues. If there are any specific instructions I should follow, or tests I should perform, someone kindly provide guidance.
    I will start by simply ripping them to hard disc (files/folders mode) tomorrow & testing playback from the ripped folders using Virtual Drive and Player6.
    Last edited by Rich86; 12-13-2020, 06:39 AM.

Comment

While I appreciate your willingness to try to identify this problem, please note that the original disk must be fully processed as either Customize or Full Disk, burned to disk and run in a stand-alone player, which is where the problem occurs. The decrypted files WILL sometimes play on software players. Main movie mode simply produces a single M2TS file which will run on a player - this is not the issue. The problem occurs within the framework of a fully functional menu-controlled disk (customize or full disk) in a stand-alone player. I again emphasize that this problem has not been present in disks from any studio source other than Fox. Also note that the original Fox disks DO play normally in my stand-alone player. The copied disks will not.

Comment

Understood. I have ripped the titles to hard disc with no problem. I have no double layer BD-R media and wouldn't waste such expensive media on these tests even if I did. However, I will be doing other testing which hopefully will provide you and Fengtao information which may prove useful in addressing the situation. I am keeping notes in a .txt file which I will share when finished.
        btw . . what media and standalone blu-ray players have you used trying to play these titles.
        Last edited by Rich86; 12-13-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondorff View Post
          While I appreciate your willingness to try to identify this problem, please note that the original disk must be fully processed as either Customize or Full Disk, burned to disk and run in a stand-alone player, which is where the problem occurs. The decrypted files WILL sometimes play on software players. Main movie mode simply produces a single M2TS file which will run on a player - this is not the issue. The problem occurs within the framework of a fully functional menu-controlled disk (customize or full disk) in a stand-alone player. I again emphasize that this problem has not been present in disks from any studio source other than Fox. Also note that the original Fox disks DO play normally in my stand-alone player. The copied disks will not.
          how fast are you burning your copied discs ??
          have you tried slowing down your burn speed ?
          try at least 4x

Comment

I burn everything at no faster than 4X.
            The test rip MUST be played in a stand-alone player in order to exhibit the problem. You could use rewriteable media or use Customize mode and compression to burn to a single-layer disk.
            As clearly stated in the original post:
            I use the same speed for burning ALL disks from all studios without a problem except for Fox.
            I use the same media for ALL disks from all studios without a problem except for Fox.
            I use the same player for ALL disks from all studios without a problem except for Fox.
            The original manufactured Fox disks play perfectly on the stand-alone player but the copies of those same disks will not.
            No other studio's disks have this problem EXCEPT Fox's, then:
            It would seem obvious that Fox is using a form of protection that DVDFab is not addressing.

Comment

I believe the titles have been "decrypted" ok, but Fox has monkeyed with the main menu in these titles to identify playback is not being initiated from the actual original disc and preventing "Play" from working correctly. This is not a new tactic from Fox. I have sent my test results to DVDFab support in case this is helpful to them.

Comment

I burn everything at no faster than 4X.
                The test rip MUST be played in a stand-alone player in order to exhibit the problem. You could use rewriteable media or use Customize mode and compression to burn to a single-layer disk.
                As clearly stated in the original post:
                I use the same speed for burning ALL disks from all studios without a problem except for Fox.
                I use the same media for ALL disks from all studios without a problem except for Fox.
                I use the same player for ALL disks from all studios without a problem except for Fox.
                The original manufactured Fox disks play perfectly on the stand-alone player but the copies of those same disks will not.
                No other studio's disks have this problem EXCEPT Fox's, then:
                It would seem obvious that Fox is using a form of protection that DVDFab is not addressing.
                have you tried cloning the disc using clone mode ??

Comment

My suspicions as well. But if you look in my original post of the photo I posted of the pop-up menu on my tv screen, it is not even seeing the disk.

Comment

At the time I was trying to figure out why this wasn't working, I did try clone mode, but that had the same result.
                    I want to mention that the last time I tested this may have been more than six months ago. DVDFab updates are always mentioning removing new javascript protections. Although I haven't tried it recently, I doubt this particular issue has been addressed.

Comment

Correction: I made the original post on Oct. 10, 2020. That would be the occasion of my last attempt, not that long ago.

Comment

My suspicions as well. But if you look in my original post of the photo I posted of the pop-up menu on my tv screen, it is not even seeing the disk.
                        Keep in mind that the actual titles I have may be different releases than the ones you have, so something could be different.

Comment

Correction: I made the original post on Oct. 10, 2020. That would be the occasion of my last attempt, not that long ago.
                          here's something to try, 1st, let dvdfab open the disc, do not copy the disc.
                          2nd - open windows explorer, go to your blu-ray drive and select the BDMV and certificate folders
                          right click and copy and paste them to your detestation folder. try playing the movie and see if it'll properly play.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post

Keep in mind that the actual titles I have may be different releases than the ones you have, so something could be different.
                            Thanks to both of you for looking into this. I've tried two different releases on Sound Of Music, same result. I've tried a number of other Fox BD releases. They all have it.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

here's something to try, 1st, let dvdfab open the disc, do not copy the disc.
                              2nd - open windows explorer, go to your blu-ray drive and select the BDMV and certificate folders
                              right click and copy and paste them to your detestation folder. try playing the movie and see if it'll properly play.
                              I'm afraid I don't understand this or how I'm supposed to play it. I really think we need to find out what's blocking the disk content on the external player.

Comment

Working...
                              X