All - Missing Folder Icon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All - Missing Folder Icon

For some reason after updating to the latest version of DVDFab the Folder Icon that allows you to select where DVDFAb puts the output is missing from the "Save to:" in the bottom left had corner of the DBDFab window. This is the second time this has happened to me over the years but I cannot seem to fine the option turn it back on. I promise I'll save the solution this time. Funny thing when I use DVDFab Mini the abilty to select the output folder is working correctly. Help appreciated.
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Not getting a lot of help. Here's a screen shot to better show my problem. Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab Missing Folder Icon.png
Views:	502
Size:	423.3 KB
ID:	389812
    ASRock X470 Taichi, 3900X, 2X8GB of 3200-14 Memory, NVIDIA GTX 960, SanDisk Extreme Pro 240GB, 2-WD SN750's 500GB, WD Black 2TB, LG WH16NS40, Seasonic X750, EVGA CLC 280, Acer B247W 16:10, Win 10 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ken429 View Post
      Not getting a lot of help.
      Well, it is the weekend, and you didn't even wait 24 hours.

I'm running 12.0.1.8 and the folder icon is showing up. Does anything change if you put a DVD in the drive?

Worst case, go into the settings and hit the "Default" button to reset everything to default settings.

Comment

Wish it were that simple. I have DVDFab running on three systems and all three showed the Folder Icon until... one of them no longer showed it. I have tried uninstalling DVDFab and clearing out all the stuff in the Documents Folder etc. and then reinstalling a fresh copy. Same result - no Folder Icon! Hitting the Default Option and restarting the program did not solve the problem either. Help still needed.

Comment

Wish it were that simple. I have DVDFab running on three systems and all three showed the Folder Icon until... one of them no longer showed it. I have tried uninstalling DVDFab and clearing out all the stuff in the Documents Folder etc. and then reinstalling a fresh copy. Same result - no Folder Icon! Hitting the Default Option and restarting the program did not solve the problem either. Help still needed.
          with a disc in your drive, click on the little dropdown arrow to the left
          of the iso image icon and see if you are able to select the output location.

Comment

I guess you did not look at the Screen Clip I posted above - there is no Folder Icon.

Anyway, I "fixed" the problem. I uninstalled DVDFab, deleted all the stuff in the Documents Folder named DVDFab12, Changed the View and deleted the DVDFab12 stuff in the AppData>Local and AppData>Roaming. Magic, now I got the Folder Icon back after reinstalling the latest version of DVDFab. I have no Idea what caused the problem in the first place - I guess it's just another minor Glitch in a great program.

Mona, where are you when I need you. Maybe you can shed some light on what went wrong?
            Last edited by Ken429; 01-31-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Glad you shared your solution here. Some don't even bother! The priority right now seems to be their new software, DRM downloader. So many issues. Mona, Signals and Wilson usually respond right away.

Comment

Not getting a lot of help. Here's a screen shot to better show my problem. Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab Missing Folder Icon.png
Views:	502
Size:	423.3 KB
ID:	389812
                Clone mode doesn't support output to Folder. You can use Main Movie mode or Full Disc mode instead.

Comment

Mona,
                  Thank you!! I don't know how I got Clone mode selected since I always use Main Movie or Full Disc mode. Must have had a bad moment.

While I got your attention, can you tell me how to get DVDFab to revert back to a less than full screen window when I select the "+" on the main window to select a Folder?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab Select Folder.png
Views:	490
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	390144

Short of uninstalling anything related to DVDFab and reinstalling I can't figure out how to undo what I did - this time. I know I tried to increase the Window size to see all the folders available but did not want full screen with no way back to the standard window. Help appreciated.

Comment

Hi Ken, normally drag the right down corner can change the size of the window, or you can double-click on the upper area of the window to change it. DVDFab will remember the size of the window.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	261
Size:	271.7 KB
ID:	390267

Comment

Thanks again. The Arrow at the bottom on the right corner does not work when the window has been switched (by mistake) to full screen. I tried it on three different systems one with 1920X1200 resolution, one with 3840X2160 and a normal one at 1920X1080 and on all of them the arrow disappears when I move the mouse over it.. The arrow works as advertised when not in full screen. However, the double click on the upper area of the window does work on all the systems. So... I'm happy. Might try full screen and see if it's just me - seems like a minor issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X