This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Long lag before starting copy task

Several months back I noticed that when loading a BD there is a notable lag (from around 30 to 50 seconds) from the time the disc is read to the time the title info appears on the main screen and the copy task becomes available. This happens with every disc I have made backups off recently. I have attached the dvdfab_internal.log file from my last session. You can see just past 13:21:05 in the log time stamps, but notably at 13:21:39. The next time stamp is 13:22:47 (over a minute).

As a check, I tried the same disc using version 11 and still noted the lag. Could this be due to a server lag? (turning cloud decrypting on or off makes no difference). I do have use metadata unchecked, thinking retrieving metadata might have been the issue. During the lag time, neither the BD reader nor HDD show any activity, and no activity os shown on the main DVDFab screen. As I said, I did not notice this lag issue until just a few months ago. Prior to that, this lag was perhaps only around 5 to 10 seconds.

The copies have all turned out perfect, but this lag, especially when I have a batch of backups to make, gets a bit annoying.

Any clues as to what is happening, and why? Or is this now normal?

Thank you.
    Attached Files

try uninstalling your dvd drives, restart your computer and let windows
    reinstall the drives. see if that helps. or try going into common settings - general settings click the factory default
    settings button in the lower left corner of the general settings area.

Comment

Thank you. I had already tried that, additionally I had temporarily disabled my AV software with same results. The lag time is right after the "Analyzing Bluray information" ... "Accessing DVDFab Cloud server ..." ... "Analyzing Bluray information ..." black box with the scrolling bar disappears and before the title information is displayed. This time-out period varies depending on the title, but can last over a minute.

I have another PC (different hardware). I checked this out on that machine and I get the same results.

Incidentally, I launched Task Manager to see if there was some other task hogging resources when this happens, and did not really notice anything, but I notice that during this time-out period, the status of DVDFab shows as "Not Responding" in Task Manager. CPU, Disc, Networking and GPU usage for DVDFab during this period all show 0%.

If I try to exit DVDFab during this time-out period, a black frame appears around the DVDFab main screen and I get the rotating small blue circle. This lasts for the entire time-out period and then everything resumes normal from there, I can repeat this behavior over and over with identical results.

I am not saying this may be the cause, but this could have started when I updated Windows 10 to the latest version ( Ver. 20H2) around the end of October, 2020. Other PC has same version.

As stated in my first post, I get the identical behavior when running DVDFab 11.1.0.7. I even tried 32 bit version, then launching DVDFab mini, all with this same result.

If I delete the title in the main DVDFab screen and reload the same title in the same DVDFab session (i.e. without exiting DVDFab) there is virtually no time-out period. But if I load a new title, even in the same session, I get that same time-out period.

I am thinking perhaps DVDFab is waiting for a response from the server during this time-out. If others are not seeing this behavior, can my physical location be affecting access time to the server? (I am on the west coast of USA ... California).

Other than this annoying issue, everything else works fine and all my backups are perfect.

Any help from anyone to eliminate this, if this is not normal behavior, would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Comment

might also try resetting your firewall settings for dvdfab and see if that helps.

Comment

Thanks. Tried that before and it didn't help. Might just have to live with it for now.

Comment

Reaching out to DVDFab Staff/Developers or Admin ... Please review my post and advise if what I am experiencing here is normal, or if there is an issue I should be checking. If this is normal, I will move on. (I attached my log to the initial post).

Thank you.

Comment

Hi LaciBacsi, I have passed your post to the developer, I will get back to you when there is news from them. Thanks.

Comment

Thank you! I will await their response.

Comment

I noticed today that this lag is now gone! I tried several discs and none of them displayed the lag anymore. I did not make any changes to my system so perhaps it was an issue with the servers (???). Either way, everything is fine now. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post
                    I noticed today that this lag is now gone! I tried several discs and none of them displayed the lag anymore. I did not make any changes to my system so perhaps it was an issue with the servers (???). Either way, everything is fine now. Thank you.
                    Thank you for the update, it was due to too much data on the server, we've cleared some.

Comment

I will close the thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X