Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silent Running (Blu-ray, Arrow Video) has missing audio channel when ripped:

I've got a recently purchased copy of Silent Running Blu-Ray edition from Arrow Video (U.S. retail purchase, from Amazon) and when ripping using DVDFab x64 the audio contains the background music and some sound effects, but no voices. The disc plays back fine in WinDVD Pro 12 as well as a standalone Blu-Ray player, but does not have the voice audio channel in preview mode of DVDfab.

Have tested this with DVDfab x64 versions 12.0.2.0, 12.0.2.1 and (as a temporary roll-back) 12.0.1.4

Thanks for any assistance.

Michael

Hi Michael, did you check the Choose Other Titles panel? Is there another title that has similar runtime/audio/subtitle info?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	other titles.png
Views:	298
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	392772

Comment

Thanks for following up Mona. Yes I checked. There is only one title that contains the full movie on the disk:

Name:	Screenshot (259).png
Views:	367
Size:	395.9 KB
ID:	392834

Comment

Originally posted by NoRomBasic View Post
        Thanks for following up Mona. Yes I checked. There is only one title that contains the full movie on the disk:

Name:	Screenshot (259).png
Views:	367
Size:	395.9 KB
ID:	392834
        try plugging in a pair of earphones into your computer and see if you hear voice playback.

Comment

I've got a recently purchased copy of Silent Running Blu-Ray edition from Arrow Video (U.S. retail purchase, from Amazon) and when ripping using DVDFab x64 the audio contains the background music and some sound effects, but no voices. The disc plays back fine in WinDVD Pro 12 as well as a standalone Blu-Ray player, but does not have the voice audio channel in preview mode of DVDfab.

Have tested this with DVDfab x64 versions 12.0.2.0, 12.0.2.1 and (as a temporary roll-back) 12.0.1.4

Thanks for any assistance.

Michael
          Please open the original movie disc in Windows File Explorer, make a folder containing everything in the disc volume EXCEPT those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream, zip it and upload it to our FTP site. Please check PM for FTP info. Thanks.

Comment

According to what I have read about this blu-ray title release: the movie audio is strictly DTS-HD MONO on the disc. There is also a LPCM 2.0 music only audio track. Based on your posted image, it looks like you've got the 2 channel PCM track, instead of the mono DTS movie track.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich86 View Post
              According to what I have read about this blu-ray title release: the movie audio is strictly DTS-HD MONO on the disc. There is also a LPCM 2.0 music only audio track. Based on your posted image, it looks like you've got the 2 channel PCM track, instead of the mono DTS movie track.
              I would not disagree in any way. The challenge is that there is no other audio option offered in the Ripper.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please open the original movie disc in Windows File Explorer, make a folder containing everything in the disc volume EXCEPT those .m2ts files under \...BDMV\Stream, zip it and upload it to our FTP site. Please check PM for FTP info. Thanks.
                Done.

Thanks Mona.

Comment

I would not disagree in any way. The challenge is that there is no other audio option offered in the Ripper.
                  I understand - however - are there settings in the "ripper" that cause it to ignore the DTS-MA mono track and default to the PCM track? Just exploring options to track down the problem . . .

Comment

This appears to have been fixed in 12.0.2.3, as I am now offered the ability to select from alternate sound sources for the recording. While the default "EN PCM/2" selection is still missing the Voice-track, the optional "English DTS-HD Master/1" provides the correct playback/conversion to H264 MP4.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X