Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User edits to misidentified titles: Can the process be better documented?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User edits to misidentified titles: Can the process be better documented?

Region 1 DVD "It Happened One Night: Special Edition" from the year 1934 is misidentified as "Falcom Jdk Band Diva Kanako's How to Sing Falcom Songs."

"It Happened One Night" is not obscure—is is a classic amongst western film. I'm surprised it could be mistaken for something as obscure as the title, above.

I understand that as a user, I am supposed to edit this error myself via the Search Movie/TV button. There is a link that brings up a web page that describes making edits in broad strokes, but the process is ungainly, requiring users to find all portions of the disc greater than a certain length, and identify each in turn. I had expected to search some sort of database and simply select the correct title from a list, but the actual process is much more involved, and the description I tried to follow leaves something to be desired. As far as I could tell, there is no way to enter or select proper artwork.

I'm not simply looking to complain. But I have to ask if perhaps the instructions for making and uploading these user edits could receive another look themselves, that the instructions become more thorough, with plenty of graphics to guide users through an unfamiliar and rarely used process. Maybe the software itself could employ tooltips in this editing window?

Thank you, and have a blessed day.

Originally posted by teh roxxors View Post
    Region 1 DVD "It Happened One Night: Special Edition" from the year 1934 is misidentified as "Falcom Jdk Band Diva Kanako's How to Sing Falcom Songs."

"It Happened One Night" is not obscure—is is a classic amongst western film. I'm surprised it could be mistaken for something as obscure as the title, above.

I understand that as a user, I am supposed to edit this error myself via the Search Movie/TV button. There is a link that brings up a web page that describes making edits in broad strokes, but the process is ungainly, requiring users to find all portions of the disc greater than a certain length, and identify each in turn. I had expected to search some sort of database and simply select the correct title from a list, but the actual process is much more involved, and the description I tried to follow leaves something to be desired. As far as I could tell, there is no way to enter or select proper artwork.

I'm not simply looking to complain. But I have to ask if perhaps the instructions for making and uploading these user edits could receive another look themselves, that the instructions become more thorough, with plenty of graphics to guide users through an unfamiliar and rarely used process. Maybe the software itself could employ tooltips in this editing window?

Thank you, and have a blessed day.
    try this - https://www.dvdfab.cn/tips/modify-in...vie-server.htm

Comment

Working...
    X