Complete Verification tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete Verification tab

Whenever the app completes the ripping of a blu ray, a window comes up and asks me to click on "complete verification" tab to start downloading subtitles. Is there a way or in settings for me to make it automatically do the subtitles without asking me every time?

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot-20210831-122016.png
Views:	391
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	399685
    Please tick the option as highlighted in the image above to skip the verification.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangdmg View Post
      Whenever the app completes the ripping of a blu ray, a window comes up and asks me to click on "complete verification" tab to start downloading subtitles. Is there a way or in settings for me to make it automatically do the subtitles without asking me every time?

Thanks.
      This "complete verification" stage is undocumented and bewildwering.

There is a checkbox for "only red". What does that mean?

After clicking "complete verification", which is the only option you have to move forward, the program says:
      "There are still opportunities to improve subtitles. Are you sure you want to complete verification?"
      What does this mean? I see no interaction available to do anything with subtitles. What's more, the program just sits there forever
      if you don't click "complete verification."

I did notice one very useful reason to NOT set configuration "Skip verification when extracting subtitles to SRT files."
      After the first phase of ripping, the program creates a subtitle file (.SRT) in the directory with your video.
      After the verification phase is done, it remuxes the .SRT file into your video and deletes the SRT file.
      That menu popping-up give you an opportunity to do a copy/paste of the SRT if you want it. No need to generate a SRT file separately.
      Perhaps there is a better way to do this. A configuration option to prevent the deleting of SRT files?

Comment

Update: I'm finding the .SRT files that I preserve at verification stage are not complete. Forget the suggestion about saving the temporarily created SRT file. Use the converter to generate a SRT file from the video.

Comment

Huck, anymore updates on your efforts? I've recently started extracting to SRT and like you, I'm a bit bewildered at what options we have. I'm skipping verification because it pauses and waits for a response, but I'm really not sure what there is to do at that point anyways.
          Better a witty fool than a foolish wit

Comment

I could be wrong, but.... I thnk when selecting an output SRT subtitle format when ripping a bluray, DVDFab is converting an image subtitle format included on the bluray to text format subtitles, using OCR (or similair). When prompted by DVDFab, you can scroll through the text produced by this process and make manual text corrections where needed, before selecting "Complete Verification". Selecting the "Red only" option filters / narrows down sub-title text sections presented to only those where the program "guessed" at the text (i.e. conversion to text was uncertain or less certain than others). You can change this default behaviour in Common Settings > Conversion > Convert and selecting the option to 'skip verification when extracting sub-titles to SRT files', to instead have a fully automated conversion to SRT format. There will be occasional uncorrected errors in the conversion with this latter option. However, I think the software does an excellent job at conversion vs. other software I've tried. I convert to SRT format (vs other types of subtitle formats like VOB/SUB) as this often helps avoid uneccessary transcoding when playing ouput video files on Plex.

Comment

I feel like this verification tab is broken. It seems like its supposed to let me go through and make sure all the subtitles were converted properly with no typos but it only ever lets make changes to one line. There's no option to scroll through or select other lines of subtitles. All I can do is hit complete verification. This would be incredibly useful if it worked like I think its supposed to as I have noticed one or two typos in some of the sub tracks I've extracted.

Comment

Working...
              X