DVDFab installer stalls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab installer stalls

The DVDFab and Player 6 updaters stall just short of completion. I have uploaded a screen shot of the stalled update for DVDFab. It's been this way for a little under two hours. Stuck 3/10s of a MB short, but reading 100% done. Since I'm posting here, obviously my internet is working fine. The install is still hung, even as I am posting this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hung Install.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	400214

It works on our side. Please post all the log files under this path C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Temp\update \updateLog so that the developer can have a look at them first. Thanks.

Comment

After leaving the updater open overnight, DVDFab finally updated. I clicked on the updater to close the window early this morning, and UAC asked me If I wanted to update. The log is attached anyway. It shouldn't hang like that.

Streamfab is also failing. The file downloads but fails to install. Repeated tries have all failed. I have attached a screen shot of this, and the Update Log Files for Streamfab.

Name:	Streamfab Update Fail.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	400259

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post
        After leaving the updater open overnight, DVDFab finally updated. I clicked on the updater to close the window early this morning, and UAC asked me If I wanted to update. The log is attached anyway. It shouldn't hang like that.

Streamfab is also failing. The file downloads but fails to install. Repeated tries have all failed. I have attached a screen shot of this, and the Update Log Files for Streamfab.

try resetting your firewall back to factory default settings
        and the retry streamfab and see if it still fails to update.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try resetting your firewall back to factory default settings
          and the retry streamfab and see if it still fails to update.
          Thanks for the tip. Sorry it didn't work. It would have been an easy fix. Note: Reboot and retry did not work either.

Comment

.... also had to reset my home network. After I reset the firewall on my server, I lost it on the network. Windows 10 networking has been glitchy and problematical from the beginning. Sigh... Just something for others to keep in mind if they want to try resetting the firewall.

Comment

Originally posted by supine View Post

To confirm, no utilities.log file under the same directory?

Comment

I'm having an installation problem also, but it's not exactly the same as the previous one in this topic. Here's what happens each time I've tried to install an update for the past few days: The installation starts OK, but then this comes onto the screen:

After I dismiss this screen, the installation does not complete. I've tried not only the update sequence from the previous install, but also from downloading from the web site. Same result each time. I've also attached the log files you requested from Supine above.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by LanceG View Post
                  I'm having an installation problem also, but it's not exactly the same as the previous one in this topic. Here's what happens each time I've tried to install an update for the past few days: The installation starts OK, but then this comes onto the screen:

After I dismiss this screen, the installation does not complete. I've tried not only the update sequence from the previous install, but also from downloading from the web site. Same result each time. I've also attached the log files you requested from Supine above.
                  About the error shown in the image:
                  1. Uninstall DVDFab
                  2. Run CCleaner to remove registry
                  3. Reboot PC
                  4. Redownload DVDFab from https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm
                  5. Install DVDFab as administrator

Comment

Hello again, Mona! Once again you have successfully bailed me out! Thanks very much for your help!

Comment

Working...
                    X